McNally Smith College of Music
- McNally Smith College of Music is dedicated to providing education of the highest quality based upon contemporary and enduring artistic values, promoting individual expression and growth, and creating a supportive environment that serves the needs of a diverse and changing society.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|McNally Smith College of Music||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||518 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||404 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||114 students||534 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||385 students||493 students|
|# Graduate Students||19 students||36 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$35,400|
- Founded by Jack McNally and Doug Smith in 1985, at McNally Smith College of Music, you'll explore your passion for music at a top music college with a unique hands-on curriculum that immerses you in today's technology, nurtures your vision and develops your talents. A music college where you can study music business, composition, audio recording, production and live sound, hip hop studies, popular music performance with your instrument of choice--guitar, bass, drums, keyboard, voice, brass, woodwinds, or strings. The McNally Smith College of Music (formerly Musictech) campus in St. Paul, Minnesota, was designed from the ground up as a state-of-the-art music school. With twelve recording studios including SSL rooms, digital 5.1 surround control rooms, Pro Tools labs, and a 300-seat concert hall with a 20,000 watt Midas/EV sound system, dozens of custom designed classrooms and sophisticated digital video production workshops, the campus is an exclusive and uniquely functional facility. The Degree and Diploma Program course offered at the college includes Bachelor of Music in Performance, Bachelor of Arts in Music (Emphasis: Music Business), Bachelors of Science Degree in Music (Emphasis: Music Production) Associate of Fine Arts in Music, A.A.S. in Music (Emphasis: Music Performance, Artist Diploma, or Music Production), A.A.S. in Recording Technology, A.A.S. in Music Business, International Music Business Course, Professional Musicians Course, Recording Engineering Course and Class Descriptions. McNally Smith College of Music (formerly Musictech) is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music, offering degrees and programs in Music Performance, Recording Technology, Music Business, and Composition.
- The nearest community college to McNally Smith College of Music is Saint Paul College A Community & Technical College (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,740 students | 0.70 Mi235 Marshall Ave
Saint Paul,  MN  55102
- 264 students | 5.30 Mi1550 West Highway 36
Saint Paul,  MN  55113
- 231 students | 5.40 Mi1711 W County Rd B
Saint Paul,  MN  55113
- 150 students | 7.00 Mi1345 Mendota Heights Road
Saint Paul,  MN  55120
- 776 students | 7.60 Mi8089 Globe Drive
Saint Paul,  MN  55125