Marshalltown Community College
- Marshalltown Community College in Marshalltown was founded in 1927 as Marshalltown Junior College, a part of the Marshalltown Community School District. In 1966, MCC moved under the jurisdiction of Iowa Valley Community College District, where it continues to serve the needs of Marshall County and the surrounding area. In 1993 the District opened a satellite center in Poweshiek County, now known as Iowa Valley Grinnell, which offers MCC college credit courses and continuing education to students in that geographic area.
- The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Marshalltown Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,041 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||844 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,197 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||180||285|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- We help our students move quickly into a skilled career with over 52 Career-Technical diploma, certificate, and two-year associate degree programs designed to prepare them to hit the workforce with an edge. Equipped with an associate's degree, you can enjoy an average lifetime earning of $250,000 more than someone with less formal education. Our 43 Associate of Arts and Science Transfer programs prepare our students for four-year institutions with the first two years of general education and program prerequisites under their belt. Our graduates that finish these degrees can earn from $300,000 to over a million dollars more over their lifetime than their neighbors with less formal education. The MCC Library is a place for resources and information, as well as a popular place to study. Students can check out books and periodicals with their student ID's, use the copy machine, surf the Internet, use the computers, look at college catalogs, research class projects, and borrow audio-visual equipment.
- The nearest community college to Marshalltown Community College is Des Moines Area Community College (39.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 35,488 students | 39.50 Mi2006 Ankeny Blvd
Ankeny,  IA  50023
- 403 students | 40.40 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
- 949 students | 40.60 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
- 5,300 students | 41.90 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
- 874 students | 51.00 Mi4655 121st Street
Urbandale,  IA  50323
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.