- Marshalltown Community College in Marshalltown was founded in 1927 as Marshalltown Junior College, a part of the Marshalltown Community School District. In 1966, MCC moved under the jurisdiction of Iowa Valley Community College District, where it continues to serve the needs of Marshall County and the surrounding area. In 1993 the District opened a satellite center in Poweshiek County, now known as Iowa Valley Grinnell, which offers MCC college credit courses and continuing education to students in that geographic area.
- Enrollment: 1,836 students
- In-state tuition: $4,296
- Out-state tuition: $4,536
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 40%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- We help our students move quickly into a skilled career with over 52 Career-Technical diploma, certificate, and two-year associate degree programs designed to prepare them to hit the workforce with an edge. Equipped with an associate's degree, you can enjoy an average lifetime earning of $250,000 more than someone with less formal education. Our 43 Associate of Arts and Science Transfer programs prepare our students for four-year institutions with the first two years of general education and program prerequisites under their belt. Our graduates that finish these degrees can earn from $300,000 to over a million dollars more over their lifetime than their neighbors with less formal education. The MCC Library is a place for resources and information, as well as a popular place to study. Students can check out books and periodicals with their student ID's, use the copy machine, surf the Internet, use the computers, look at college catalogs, research class projects, and borrow audio-visual equipment.