Madison Area Technical College
- Madison Area Technical College (MATC) is the technical and community college for the greater Madison area. It is dedicated to providing accessible, high quality instruction and technical experience to meet the needs of its students, community and area employers.
- The teacher population of 883 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|Madison Area Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||883 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,759 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,983 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,776 students||2,229 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||4,961 students||1,021 students|
|# Graduate Students||22 students||22 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,700||$34,300|
- Founded in 1912 to teach vocational skills, today MATC is a nationally recognized community college. It is one of the largest of the Wisconsin Technical College System's 16 colleges and serves approximately 44,000 individuals annually. It provides a comprehensive curriculum of technical, liberal arts and sciences, adult basic education and continuing education, as well as customized training for employers. The college awards associate degrees, technical diplomas and certificates and offers classes that transfer to four-year degree programs. MATC serves parts of 12 counties located in beautiful southcentral Wisconsin. Its 10 college facilities are spread among five campuses. MATC's main Madison campus is located in one of the top-ranked places to live in the U.S. It is easy to enjoy the Madison area's lakes, rolling hills, year-round sports and recreation activities and diversity of entertainment, nightlife, and culture. MATC's regional campuses are located in the communities of Fort Atkinson, Portage, Reedsburg and Watertown. In addition, the college offers instruction in hundreds of locations throughout its district. MATC offers 144 associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and short-term certificate programs, including liberal arts transfer, as well as high school completion options, basic skills education, and hundreds of adult continuing education classes. MATC provides training for more than 100 careers, including such high tech fields as biotechnology, broadcast captioning, electron microscopy, plastics technology, Internet development, computer networking and information technology security. Its varied programs include accounting, marketing, culinary arts, nursing, automotive technology, criminal justice-law enforcement and welding.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,649 students | 2.40 Mi5218 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison,  WI  53718
- 468 students | 4.70 Mi2702 Agriculture Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
- 14,045 students | 5.20 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
- 2,471 students | 40.00 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 8,172 students | 54.10 Mi800 Main Street
Pewaukee,  WI  53072