Rock Valley College
- Rock Valley College is an educational leader in providing quality, accessible, lifelong learning opportunities, cultural enrichment, and support for economic and technological development.
- The teacher population of 258 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rock Valley College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||258 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,737 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,399 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,338 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Rock Valley College, we'll help you discover your passion as you choose a major or program that fits your interests and aspirations. You will have many options from among our 23 degree programs that award an associate degree, 60 courses for transfer that lead to four-year degrees and 64 certificate programs and five apprenticeship programs that provide specialized training in a specific area. our Business and Professional Institute is dedicated to helping businesses through employee skills upgrading, customized training, technical assistance, and related services. If you want to update your skills or make yourself more marketable to employers, the BPI can help. In addition to services for businesses, we also offer a Speakers Bureau to area media and organizations looking for an expert to comment on a particular topic. Many of our faculty members are considered experts in their subject areas and are willing to share their knowledge with the community. If you need to rent a room for a speaker or conference, let us know. We have spaces available for community use. Rock Valley College is more than an educational institution. It's a resource for the entire community. You can attend a wide variety of events year-round at RVC that will enrich your life, such as cultural programs, athletic games, films, lectures, theatrical performances, trips and tours, art exhibition openings, and personal interest classes. Rock Valley College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. The college is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Rock Valley College is Rasmussen College-Illinois (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,580 students | 2.80 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 434 students | 4.00 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 2,471 students | 19.60 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 4,475 students | 26.20 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
- 7,165 students | 32.30 Mi8900 US Hwy 14
Crystal Lake,  IL  60012
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.