Rock Valley College
- Rock Valley College is an educational leader in providing quality, accessible, lifelong learning opportunities, cultural enrichment, and support for economic and technological development.
- The teacher population of 258 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rock Valley College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||258 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,737 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,399 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,338 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Rock Valley College, we'll help you discover your passion as you choose a major or program that fits your interests and aspirations. You will have many options from among our 23 degree programs that award an associate degree, 60 courses for transfer that lead to four-year degrees and 64 certificate programs and five apprenticeship programs that provide specialized training in a specific area. our Business and Professional Institute is dedicated to helping businesses through employee skills upgrading, customized training, technical assistance, and related services. If you want to update your skills or make yourself more marketable to employers, the BPI can help. In addition to services for businesses, we also offer a Speakers Bureau to area media and organizations looking for an expert to comment on a particular topic. Many of our faculty members are considered experts in their subject areas and are willing to share their knowledge with the community. If you need to rent a room for a speaker or conference, let us know. We have spaces available for community use. Rock Valley College is more than an educational institution. It's a resource for the entire community. You can attend a wide variety of events year-round at RVC that will enrich your life, such as cultural programs, athletic games, films, lectures, theatrical performances, trips and tours, art exhibition openings, and personal interest classes. Rock Valley College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. The college is recognized by the Illinois Community College Board and the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
- The nearest community college to Rock Valley College is Rasmussen College-Illinois (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,580 students | 2.80 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 434 students | 4.00 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
- 2,471 students | 19.60 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 4,475 students | 26.20 Mi21193 Malta Rd
Malta,  IL  60150
- 7,165 students | 32.30 Mi8900 US Hwy 14
Crystal Lake,  IL  60012
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.