Waukesha County Technical College
- Waukesha County Technical College, as the leader in workforce development for Waukesha County, is committed to student learning for the enhancement of our community`s quality of life. As an institution of higher education, we provide lifelong learning opportunities which are high quality, affordable and accessible. Our special focus includes technical education, occupational training, and enrichment programs.
Waukesha County Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 419 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Waukesha County Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||419 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,172 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,452 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,720 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Waukesha County Technical College is one of Wisconsin's finest centers of higher education. Whether students are just starting out in a career or starting over, WCTC can help fulfill their potential. WCTC offers over 100 paths of study. There are short-term training options that focus on a specific skill, associate of applied science degrees and technical diplomas that give a solid base to launch a career, and specialized certificates that build upon that base. WCTC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Waukesha County Technical College is Herzing University Brookfield (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 7.70 Mi555 South Executive Drive
Brookfield,  WI  53005
- 698 students | 10.60 Mi10950 W Potter Road
Milwaukee,  WI  53226
- 16,712 students | 17.10 Mi700 W State St
Milwaukee,  WI  53233
- n/a students | 17.30 Mi225 N. 6th St.
Milwaukee,  WI  53203
- 847 students | 17.40 Mi310 W. Wisconsin Avenue Suite 500
Milwaukee,  WI  53203
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.