Waukesha County Technical College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (262) 691-5566
- Waukesha County Technical College, as the leader in workforce development for Waukesha County, is committed to student learning for the enhancement of our community`s quality of life. As an institution of higher education, we provide lifelong learning opportunities which are high quality, affordable and accessible. Our special focus includes technical education, occupational training, and enrichment programs.
Waukesha County Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 419 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Waukesha County Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||419 staff||167 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Waukesha County Technical College is one of Wisconsin's finest centers of higher education. Whether students are just starting out in a career or starting over, WCTC can help fulfill their potential. WCTC offers over 100 paths of study. There are short-term training options that focus on a specific skill, associate of applied science degrees and technical diplomas that give a solid base to launch a career, and specialized certificates that build upon that base. WCTC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Waukesha County Technical College is Herzing University Brookfield (7.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 7.70 Mi555 South Executive Drive
Brookfield,  WI  53005
(262) 649-1710 7.70n/a
- 797 students | 10.50 Mi10950 W Potter Road
Wauwatosa,  WI  53226
(414) 302-7000 10.50797
- 15,278 students | 17.00 Mi700 W State St
Milwaukee,  WI  53233
(414) 297-6370 17.0015,278
- 847 students | 17.30 Mi310 W. Wisconsin Avenue Suite 500
Milwaukee,  WI  53203
(414) 276-5200 17.30847
- n/a students | 17.30 Mi225 N. 6th St.
Milwaukee,  WI  53203
(866) 508-0748 17.30n/a
Learn about the strategies you can take to guarantee your admission to a state university once you have completed community college in states like Hawaii, Virginia, California, and New Hampshire.
Learn how President Obama, who is considered the "Community College President," has rightly earned his title based upon his proposed funding and support for community colleges throughout the country.
Learn about the innovative programs, curriculum, and parades that community colleges are creating to prevent drunk driving on campus.