- Herzing University was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to prepare students for careers in the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass campuses in eight U.S. states and the founding of its Online Division, Herzing University Online. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, healthcare, graphic design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from diplomas to bachelor of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all U.S. campuses and master's degrees at the Online campus.
Herzing University-Madison places among the top 20% of community colleges in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 148 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herzing University-Madison||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||148 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,649 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,122 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,527 students||2,229 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||993 students||1,021 students|
|# Graduate Students||129 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Madison is Herzing University Madison (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,381 students | 0.00 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
- 16,759 students | 2.40 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
- 14,045 students | 7.60 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
- 2,471 students | 40.70 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 8,172 students | 52.40 Mi800 Main Street
Pewaukee,  WI  53072
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.