- Herzing University was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to prepare students for careers in the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass campuses in eight U.S. states and the founding of its Online Division, Herzing University Online. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, healthcare, graphic design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from diplomas to bachelor of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all U.S. campuses and master's degrees at the Online campus.
Herzing University-Madison places among the top 20% of community colleges in Wisconsin for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 148 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Herzing University-Madison||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||148 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,649 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,122 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,527 students||2,229 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||993 students||1,021 students|
|# Graduate Students||129 students||35 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,100||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Herzing University-Madison is Herzing University Madison (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,381 students | 0.00 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
- 16,759 students | 2.40 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
- 14,045 students | 7.60 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
- 2,471 students | 40.70 Mi6004 County Road G
Janesville,  WI  53546
- 8,172 students | 52.40 Mi800 Main Street
Pewaukee,  WI  53072
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.