- Herzing University was one of the first post-secondary institutions founded to prepare students for careers in the computer industry. Since 1965 business and computer-related education has been the focus of Herzing, even as it grew to encompass campuses in eight U.S. states and the founding of its Online Division, Herzing University Online. While expanding its campuses, Herzing also diversified its educational programs to include the fields of business management, electronics, healthcare, graphic design, and public safety. It also raised the level of credentials from diplomas to bachelor of science degrees and associate of science degrees at all U.S. campuses and master's degrees at the Online campus.
- Herzing University Madison opened in 1948 as the Wisconsin School of Electronics. Herzing University merged with the Wisconsin School of Electronics in 1970 to become Herzing University Madison. Herzing University Madison features a state-of-the-industry learning center designed to give technology and nursing students the best learning environment possible. The facility occupies a 40,000 square foot building in the business park of Madison. With a glassed in library to give students an open feel while they study, and electronics, computers, drafting and design, and nursing labs, Herzing University Madison is designed with the student learning experience in mind.
Herzing University - Madison serves 2,392 students (43% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 49% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 25%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,392 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,200
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 49%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Herzing University - Madison ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
The teacher population of 130 teachers has declined by 12% over five years.
Herzing University - Madison
(WI) Community College Avg.
Master's Colleges & Universities: Medium Programs
4 or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Herzing University - Madison has grown by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has increased from 17:1 over five years.
The Herzing University - Madison diversity score of 0.65 is more than the state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $12,790 is less than the state average of $13,728. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Herzing University school systems operate in complete conjunction with their student-first philosophy. Each program is designed to make earning a degree convenient and accessible. They offer 3 flexible scheduling options, accelerated degree programs, and career services to help achieve their mission of being career focused, convenient, and caring.Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400.
Profile last updated: 11/30/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Herzing University - Madison cost?
Herzing University - Madison's private state tuition is approximately $14,200.
What is the acceptance rate of Herzing University - Madison?
The acceptance rate of Herzing University - Madison is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What is Herzing University - Madison's ranking?
Herzing University - Madison ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.