- The University of Wisconsin Colleges is a multi-campus institution that prepares students for success at the baccalaureate level of education, provides the first two years of a liberal arts general education that is accessible and affordable, and advances the Wisconsin Idea by bringing the resources of the University to the people of the state and the communities that provide and support its campuses.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex serves 590 students (8% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 1:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 15% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 25%.
- Enrollment: 590 students
- In-state tuition: $5,144
- Out-state tuition: $12,128
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 1:1
- Minority enrollment: 15%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 433 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex
(WI) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
Four or more years
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
The student population of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex has declined by 95% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 1:1 has decreased from 23:1 over five years.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex diversity score of 0.25 is less than the state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has grown by 47% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,144 is more than the state average of $4,194. The in-state tuition has declined by 42% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,128 is more than the state average of $6,373. The out-state tuition has grown by 34% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Under the auspices of the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin Colleges (UWC) provides an alternative way to take courses and get your online degree through UW Colleges Online. The University of Wisconsin Colleges offers general education courses at its 13 two-year campuses across the state. Students who take UW Colleges courses can earn an Associate of Arts and Science (AAS) degree, complete general education requirements for other degree programs, or take classes for other personal reasons. UW Colleges Online offers you this same opportunity to earn your degree or take individual general education classes entirely online. UW Colleges Online offers a fully accredited Associate of Arts & Science degree, provided entirely online through University of Wisconsin Colleges. We are dedicated to providing you the same high quality and easily transferable general education courses that you would earn through coursework at one of our thirteen UW Colleges campuses. Fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, UW Colleges Online adheres to the Guidelines for Distance Education espoused by the North Central Association (NCA) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex cost?
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex's tuition is approximately $5,144 for In-State students and $12,128 for Out-State students.
What schools are University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex often compared to?
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flexis often viewed alongside schools like Madison Area Technical College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex?
The acceptance rate of University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex is 100%, which is equal to the state average of 100%.
What is University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex's ranking?
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Flex ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Should Graduating Seniors Consider a Gap Year?
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
Top 100 Degree-Producing Community Colleges
Which community colleges produce the greatest number of degrees? We analyze a report that details the top producing community colleges across the country.
The Rise of International Students at Community College
We explore reasons behind the increasing number of international students at community colleges across the country and what those schools are doing to accommodate students from overseas.