Blackhawk Technical College
- The faculty, staff, and administration of Blackhawk Technical College, an institution of higher education, provide for the future of our community through excellence in technical education.
- The teacher population of 204 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blackhawk Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,471 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||944 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,527 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$33,700|
- The Blackhawk Technical College provides education for employment by offering comprehensive occupational skills training which enables students to participate in the work force through Associate Degree, Technical Diploma, Certificate, and Apprenticeship programs; Training, Retraining, and Upgrading for entry, retention, or advancement in a vocational or technical field; General Education, Basic Education and Transfer Opportunities. The Blackhawk Technical College Central Campus is located midway between Beloit and Janesville. Situated on over 80 acres of partially wooded prairie, the campus is home for most of BTC's programs and services. The campus is easily accessible from Prairie Road and Highway 51. This comprehensive technical college facility comprises over 200,000 square feet. It includes instructional classrooms, shops and labs for accounting, marketing, word processing, administrative assistant, legal secretary, fire science, criminal justice, child care services, HVAC/R, welding, and machine tool. Also located on the Central Campus is a technical center integrating labs for electronics, electro-mechanical and mechanical design; and a health occupations complex for nursing, nursing assistant, dental assistant and hygiene, radiography, and health unit coordinator. A technical library; media production and telecommunications center; child care center; bookstore; and food service, with seating for 600 are also housed on the Central Campus. Seminar and teleconferencing facilities are also available. Blackhawk Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The nearest community college to Blackhawk Technical College is Rock Valley College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,737 students | 24.70 Mi3301 N Mulford Rd
Rockford,  IL  61114
(815) 921-7821 24.707,737
- 1,580 students | 27.50 Mi6000 East State Street, 4th Floor
Rockford,  IL  61108
(815) 316-4800 27.501,580
- 434 students | 28.50 Mi1130 South Alpine Road
Rockford,  IL  61108
(815) 965-8616 28.50434
- 14,045 students | 36.10 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
(608) 262-1783 36.1014,045
- 16,759 students | 37.10 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
(608) 246-6100 37.1016,759