Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus (Closed 2017)
- Effective Aug. 15, 2010, Louisiana Technical College (LTC) Region 1 becomes Delgado Community College’s Technical Division! This exciting change is the result of legislation, Act 521, which was enacted during the 2009-2010 State of Louisiana legislative session to transfer all LTC Region 1 programs, courses, resources and personnel to Delgado. Through Delgado’s Technical Division, you can still receive the very best in technical training to prepare you for in-demand careers and job advancement. And now, as a student of Delgado Community College, you will also have the option of taking advantage of the many education opportunities, facilities, resources, services and activities offered to students as part of the full community college experience. The Delgado Technical Division sites are Jefferson, West Jefferson, Slidell Instructional Services, and Sidney N. Collier. Delgado – West Jefferson is located on the Westbank of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan area, is fully operational, and offers a wide variety of technical skills training program areas.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||308 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||70 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||238 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus is Gretna College School of Allied Health (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 1.90 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
- 18,684 students | 5.50 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 6.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 2,617 students | 7.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
- 289 students | 8.50 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.