Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus (Closed 2017)
- Effective Aug. 15, 2010, Louisiana Technical College (LTC) Region 1 becomes Delgado Community College’s Technical Division! This exciting change is the result of legislation, Act 521, which was enacted during the 2009-2010 State of Louisiana legislative session to transfer all LTC Region 1 programs, courses, resources and personnel to Delgado. Through Delgado’s Technical Division, you can still receive the very best in technical training to prepare you for in-demand careers and job advancement. And now, as a student of Delgado Community College, you will also have the option of taking advantage of the many education opportunities, facilities, resources, services and activities offered to students as part of the full community college experience. The Delgado Technical Division sites are Jefferson, West Jefferson, Slidell Instructional Services, and Sidney N. Collier. Delgado – West Jefferson is located on the Westbank of the Greater New Orleans Metropolitan area, is fully operational, and offers a wide variety of technical skills training program areas.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||308 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||70 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||238 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-West Jefferson Campus is Gretna College School of Allied Health (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 1.90 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
- 18,684 students | 5.50 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 6.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 2,617 students | 7.40 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
- 289 students | 8.50 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.