Los Angeles Valley College
- Valley College is student-focused campus that is known for its high quality educational courses that prepares its graduates for university or vocational work. Valley College is committed to offering a class schedule comprised of hundreds of courses in a wide range of subjects to make it possible for you to transfer to a four-year college or university, complete your career/technical education training, or meet your fundamental skills needs. It is more important than ever to stay focused on your academic success. Each of us at Valley embraces the concept of learning and we are here to help you meet your goals. Our counselors can review program requirements with you. Our faculty will assure your learning experience is the best it can be. And, our staff serves as the glue that keeps it all together.
- The teacher population of 328 teachers has declined by 18% over five years.
|Los Angeles Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||328 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||18,641 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||57:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,522 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||14,119 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,700||$34,900|
- Los Angeles Valley College is the center of influence for education, personal development, lifelong learning, cultural activities, and career training in the San Fernando Valley. Los Angeles Valley College was created and developed to meet the tremendous growth of the San Fernando Valley during the 40's and early 50's. The college was officially chartered by the Los Angeles Board of Education in June of 1949. Valley opened its doors on September 12, 1949 and was located on the campus of Van Nuys High School. LAVC celebrated its 50th birthday in 1999 with a variety of events. In 2001, Valley College was granted a full 6-year renewal of its accreditation and given high praise for its educational programs. Valley College continues to be a focal point of the San Fernando Valley. The college's current enrollment exceeds 17,000 students with a faculty of over 200 full time and 275 part time instructors. Valley continues to offer a number of recreational and cultural opportunities to the community. L.A. Valley College offers classes in more than 75 academic disciplines, as well as certificates in 60 vocational fields, to help students reach their educational goals. Whether they wish to transfer to a 4-year university or learn the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace, students can enroll in the programs and courses they need at LAVC.
- The nearest community college to Los Angeles Valley College is Concorde Career College-North Hollywood (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 620 students | 1.30 Mi12412 Victory Boulevard
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 789 students | 1.60 Mi6180 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Suite 101
North Hollywood,  CA  91606
- 317 students | 1.60 Mi14519 W.Sylvan Street
Van Nuys,  CA  91411
- 225 students | 2.30 Mi6725 Kester Ave
Van Nuys,  CA  91405
- 147 students | 3.50 Mi14355 Roscoe Blvd
Panorama City,  CA  91402