West Coast University-Los Angeles
- At West Coast University (WCU), we embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability. We design market-responsive programs through collaboration between faculty and industry professionals. We continuously pursue more effective and innovative ways through which students develop the competencies and confidence required in a complex and changing world. WCU was originally charted in 1909 as an ophthalmology school and spent a century growing – adding and updating programs – including being one of the first schools to offer Bachelor’s degree programs for working adults in the 1950’s. In May of 1997, the University was reorganized and new leadership emerged. Our efforts focused on becoming a leader in health care education and attracting top caliber faculty and staff. WCU designed programs to invigorate and excite students so that they enter the workforce with the skills and the confidence to compete with the best and to enjoy a lifetime membership in the health care community.
- Enrollment: 2,215 students
- In-state tuition: $32,591
- Out-state tuition: $32,591
- Acceptance Rate: 92%
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 68%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does West Coast University-Los Angeles cost?
West Coast University-Los Angeles's tuition is approximately $32,591 for In-State students and $32,591 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of West Coast University-Los Angeles?
The acceptance rate of West Coast University-Los Angeles is 92%, which is higher than the state average of 89%.
What is West Coast University-Los Angeles's ranking?
West Coast University-Los Angeles ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Diversity in US community colleges.