West Coast University-Los Angeles
- At West Coast University (WCU), we embrace a student-centric learning partnership that leads to professional success. We deliver transformational education within a culture of integrity and personal accountability. We design market-responsive programs through collaboration between faculty and industry professionals. We continuously pursue more effective and innovative ways through which students develop the competencies and confidence required in a complex and changing world. WCU was originally charted in 1909 as an ophthalmology school and spent a century growing – adding and updating programs – including being one of the first schools to offer Bachelor’s degree programs for working adults in the 1950’s. In May of 1997, the University was reorganized and new leadership emerged. Our efforts focused on becoming a leader in health care education and attracting top caliber faculty and staff. WCU designed programs to invigorate and excite students so that they enter the workforce with the skills and the confidence to compete with the best and to enjoy a lifetime membership in the health care community.
- The teacher population of 78 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|West Coast University-Los Angeles||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||78 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,659 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,566 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||93 students||5,903 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,317 students||1,490 students|
|# Graduate Students||249 students||80 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to West Coast University-Los Angeles is American Career College-Los Angeles (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,613 students | 0.00 Mi4021 Rosewood Avenue
Los Angeles,  CA  90004
- 18,756 students | 0.70 Mi855 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles,  CA  90029
- 1,358 students | 1.40 Mi3580 Wilshire blvd suite 400
Los Angeles,  CA  90010
- 2,811 students | 1.60 Mi6812 Pacific Blvd.
Huntington Park,  CA  90255
- 2,284 students | 2.40 Mi6363 Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles,  CA  90028
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.