Ohio Business College-Sheffield
- Ohio Business College is dedicated to the ideal that education is growth and that each person should have the opportunity to develop to his or her full potential. Ohio Business College is concerned with developing the total person so that each student will not only acquire the business knowledge and skills necessary for success, but also find a way of life that enriches the mind with understanding and sensitivity to the problems and needs of others. The faculty and administrative staff of Ohio Business College are deeply committed to an ongoing responsibility to and respect for the students, their families, and local business community.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ohio Business College-Sheffield||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||420 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||310 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||110 students||284 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,600||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1903 Lorain Business College was established as private, co-educational institution of higher business education located in downtown Lorain on the corner of Sixth Street and Broadway Avenue. The school operated under the management of C. L. Bair at the same location. In April 1998 name officially changed to Ohio Business College. Ohio Business College has been providing excellence in business education since 1903, with a continuing commitment to excellence and real results. With two campus locations, Ohio Business College offers the following business related programs: legal assistant training, business management training, web page design, IT training, as well as degrees in Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Administrative Office Assistant. Ohio Business College is also focused on providing adult continuing education programs and resources to enable getting your diploma or degree even that much easier. Ohio Business College is accredited as a business school by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Ohio Business College is authorized to grant Associate Degrees in Applied Buisness by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Ohio Business College-Sheffield is Lorain County Community College (1.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,569 students | 1.50 Mi1005 North Abbe Rd
Elyria,  OH  44035
- 541 students | 15.30 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
- 166 students | 16.30 Mi11724 Detroit Avenue
Lakewood,  OH  44107
- 27,084 students | 20.80 Mi700 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland,  OH  44115
- 2,100 students | 21.10 Mi1776 E 17th St
Cleveland,  OH  44114
Make sure you don't become part of a community college "dropout factory" by considering these 10 factors when choosing a community college.
In an effort to compete with for-profit schools, New York community colleges have launched an alliance to offer distance learning to make classes more accessible to students.
The coronavirus pandemic has changed the 2019-20 school year for over 14 million college students. Read on to learn the impact of COVID-19 on current students and how colleges around the country are reacting.