- Ohio Business College is dedicated to the ideal that education is growth and that each person should have the opportunity to develop to his or her full potential. Ohio Business College is concerned with developing the total person so that each student will not only acquire the business knowledge and skills necessary for success, but also find a way of life that enriches the mind with understanding and sensitivity to the problems and needs of others. The faculty and administrative staff of Ohio Business College are deeply committed to an ongoing responsibility to and respect for the students, their families, and local business community.
Ohio Business College-Sheffield serves 184 students (83% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 184 students
- Private-state tuition: $8,500
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 50%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ohio Business College-Sheffield ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 50% over five years.
Ohio Business College-Sheffield
(OH) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Ohio Business College-Sheffield has declined by 19% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The Ohio Business College-Sheffield diversity score of 0.64 is more than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has declined by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $8,500 is less than the state average of $13,933. The private state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- In 1903 Lorain Business College was established as private, co-educational institution of higher business education located in downtown Lorain on the corner of Sixth Street and Broadway Avenue. The school operated under the management of C. L. Bair at the same location. In April 1998 name officially changed to Ohio Business College. Ohio Business College has been providing excellence in business education since 1903, with a continuing commitment to excellence and real results. With two campus locations, Ohio Business College offers the following business related programs: legal assistant training, business management training, web page design, IT training, as well as degrees in Finance, Accounting, Human Resource Management, and Administrative Office Assistant. Ohio Business College is also focused on providing adult continuing education programs and resources to enable getting your diploma or degree even that much easier. Ohio Business College is accredited as a business school by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Ohio Business College is authorized to grant Associate Degrees in Applied Buisness by the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ohio Business College-Sheffield cost?
Ohio Business College-Sheffield's private state tuition is approximately $8,500.
What is Ohio Business College-Sheffield's ranking?
Ohio Business College-Sheffield ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Diversity in US community colleges.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.