- The mission of LIBI is to provide college-level occupational studies to prepare students for entry-level employment in court reporting. We offer flexible day and evening schedules.
Long Island Business Institute serves 1,186 students (91% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 96% of the student body (majority Asian), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,186 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,279
- Acceptance Rate: 82%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 96%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Long Island Business Institute ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 111 teachers has grown by 184% over five years.
Long Island Business Institute
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Long Island Business Institute has grown by 65% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has increased from 9:1 over five years.
The Long Island Business Institute diversity score of 0.67 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $14,279 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1968, Long Island Business Institute is registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. LIBI's Court Reporting Program is one of only four in New York State that is approved by the prestigious National Court Reporting Association (NCRA). It is the only college in Suffolk County that offers a program in Court Reporting. Your future employers demand skilled, goal-directed personnel who can fill specialized openings. For more than forty years, LIBI has responded to that demand by teaching and placing our graduates in a variety of positions throughout the New York metropolitan area. Preparing you for your career is our utmost concern. At LIBI, we are committed to personalizing instruction, developing skills, and building confidence in the application of those skills. We offer a full complement of programs and courses which are designed to prepare you for an exciting career in today's fast-paced business world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Long Island Business Institute cost?
Long Island Business Institute's private state tuition is approximately $14,279.
What is the acceptance rate of Long Island Business Institute?
The acceptance rate of Long Island Business Institute is 82%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is Long Island Business Institute's ranking?
Long Island Business Institute ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Average community college minority breakdown and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.