Long Island Business Institute
Tel: (718) 939-5100
- The mission of LIBI is to provide college-level occupational studies to prepare students for entry-level employment in court reporting. We offer flexible day and evening schedules.
The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Long Island Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Other Fields||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1968, Long Island Business Institute is registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. LIBI's Court Reporting Program is one of only four in New York State that is approved by the prestigious National Court Reporting Association (NCRA). It is the only college in Suffolk County that offers a program in Court Reporting. Your future employers demand skilled, goal-directed personnel who can fill specialized openings. For more than forty years, LIBI has responded to that demand by teaching and placing our graduates in a variety of positions throughout the New York metropolitan area. Preparing you for your career is our utmost concern. At LIBI, we are committed to personalizing instruction, developing skills, and building confidence in the application of those skills. We offer a full complement of programs and courses which are designed to prepare you for an exciting career in today's fast-paced business world.
The nearest community college to Long Island Business Institute is St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 552 students | 2.60 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park, NY 11374
(718) 357-0500 2.60552
- 1,542 students | 2.90 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing, NY 11369
(718) 429-6600 2.901,542
- 902 students | 3.10 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 779-1430 3.10902
- 15,411 students | 3.80 Mi222-05 56th Ave
Bayside, NY 11364
(718) 710-4756 3.8015,411
- 19,300 students | 5.60 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City, NY 11101
(718) 482-7200 5.6019,300
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.