Long Island Business Institute
- The mission of LIBI is to provide college-level occupational studies to prepare students for entry-level employment in court reporting. We offer flexible day and evening schedules.
- Enrollment: 1,186 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,279
- Acceptance Rate: 82%
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 96%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1968, Long Island Business Institute is registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. LIBI's Court Reporting Program is one of only four in New York State that is approved by the prestigious National Court Reporting Association (NCRA). It is the only college in Suffolk County that offers a program in Court Reporting. Your future employers demand skilled, goal-directed personnel who can fill specialized openings. For more than forty years, LIBI has responded to that demand by teaching and placing our graduates in a variety of positions throughout the New York metropolitan area. Preparing you for your career is our utmost concern. At LIBI, we are committed to personalizing instruction, developing skills, and building confidence in the application of those skills. We offer a full complement of programs and courses which are designed to prepare you for an exciting career in today's fast-paced business world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Long Island Business Institute cost?
Long Island Business Institute's private state tuition is approximately $14,279.
What is the acceptance rate of Long Island Business Institute?
The acceptance rate of Long Island Business Institute is 82%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.