Long Island Business Institute
- The mission of LIBI is to provide college-level occupational studies to prepare students for entry-level employment in court reporting. We offer flexible day and evening schedules.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Long Island Business Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||397 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||288 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||109 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$24,800||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1968, Long Island Business Institute is registered by the New York State Education Department and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. LIBI's Court Reporting Program is one of only four in New York State that is approved by the prestigious National Court Reporting Association (NCRA). It is the only college in Suffolk County that offers a program in Court Reporting. Your future employers demand skilled, goal-directed personnel who can fill specialized openings. For more than forty years, LIBI has responded to that demand by teaching and placing our graduates in a variety of positions throughout the New York metropolitan area. Preparing you for your career is our utmost concern. At LIBI, we are committed to personalizing instruction, developing skills, and building confidence in the application of those skills. We offer a full complement of programs and courses which are designed to prepare you for an exciting career in today's fast-paced business world.
- The nearest community college to Long Island Business Institute is St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 504 students | 0.40 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park,  NY  11374
- 1,614 students | 2.60 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
East Elmhurst,  NY  11369
- 870 students | 3.30 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills,  NY  11375
- 16,182 students | 4.00 Mi222-05 56th Ave
Oakland Gardens,  NY  11364
- 20,231 students | 5.60 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City,  NY  11101
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.