Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (718) 779-1430
- Plaza supports the aspirations of all employees. If you seek a place of employment where you can fulfill your potential and make a difference, we have the right opportunity for you! In all positions, from faculty to student services, we seek energetic and enthusiastic applicants who are passionate about helping students achieve their goals in higher education. Plaza College is a private, specialized institution that offers educational programs to students who desire challenging careers and a continuation of their formal education. The curriculum, tailored to meet the needs of a diverse population, offers students a distinct mix of business, liberal arts, and allied health courses. As a teaching and learning College, Plaza is committed to striving for excellence and professionalism in the development of its faculty, students and staff. Plaza, rooted in a tradition of excellence, teaches its students the social, ethical and cultural values needed to become respected members of the community. Teaching the processes of critical thinking, collaboration, and lifelong learning, Plaza prepares its students to participate and compete in today’s global economy.
The teacher population of 41 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Plaza College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||85 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Sigma Lambda, Ambassadors, DECA, Health and Wellness Society, Literary Journal, Performing Arts Society, PRIDE, SHRM, Sigma Kappa Delta, Sigma Tau Delta
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- New York City is about dreaming big, and we’re experts at helping students realize their dreams. At Plaza, you can explore your passions, build a basis for a successful career, and find out how to a make meaningful difference in our society. But, how do you decide if Plaza is the right college for you?
- Start with a campus visit! Seeing our brand-new, award-winning campus in person might just seal the deal. Can’t wait? Check out our virtual tour.
- In the meantime, explore our School of Allied Health and School of Business & Technology. You’ll be able to choose from a list of highly specialized degree programs, designed to prepare you for a successful career in whatever your interests may be. You’ll build a resume filled with coursework, internships, and campus experiences – a resume with real-world relevance. And after that’s all done, you’ll see our graduates healing patients, leading successful companies, and shaping the future.
- Through the Department of Student Life, Plaza College students experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. They go to Broadway shows. They win national awards. They fundraise for organizations, host blood drives, and walk to beat cancer. They enrich their college experience with fun, meaningful activities.
- Ready to learn more? Call our Admissions Department at 718-505-4188 to get your enrollment process started!
The nearest community college to Plaza College is St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 552 students | 1.70 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park,  NY  11374
(718) 357-0500 1.70552
- 665 students | 3.10 Mi136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor
Flushing,  NY  11354
(718) 939-5100 3.10665
- 1,542 students | 4.50 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
Flushing,  NY  11369
(718) 429-6600 4.501,542
- 15,411 students | 4.80 Mi222-05 56th Ave
Bayside,  NY  11364
(718) 632-00000000 4.8015,411
- 19,300 students | 5.80 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City,  NY  11101
(718) 482-7200 5.8019,300
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.