- Plaza supports the aspirations of all employees. If you seek a place of employment where you can fulfill your potential and make a difference, we have the right opportunity for you! In all positions, from faculty to student services, we seek energetic and enthusiastic applicants who are passionate about helping students achieve their goals in higher education. Plaza College is a private, specialized institution that offers educational programs to students who desire challenging careers and a continuation of their formal education. The curriculum, tailored to meet the needs of a diverse population, offers students a distinct mix of business, liberal arts, and allied health courses. As a teaching and learning College, Plaza is committed to striving for excellence and professionalism in the development of its faculty, students and staff. Plaza, rooted in a tradition of excellence, teaches its students the social, ethical and cultural values needed to become respected members of the community. Teaching the processes of critical thinking, collaboration, and lifelong learning, Plaza prepares its students to participate and compete in today’s global economy.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 7% over five years.
|Plaza College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||41 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||870 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||780 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||90 students||525 students|
|% Two or more races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.75||0.70|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,600||$35,300|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpha Sigma Lambda, Ambassadors, DECA, Health and Wellness Society, Literary Journal, Performing Arts Society, PRIDE, SHRM, Sigma Kappa Delta, Sigma Tau Delta Ambassadors, DECA, PRIDE, SHRM, Alpha Sigma Lambda,|
Health and Wellness Society,
Performing Arts Society,
Sigma Kappa Delta,
Sigma Tau Delta,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- New York City is about dreaming big, and we’re experts at helping students realize their dreams. At Plaza, you can explore your passions, build a basis for a successful career, and find out how to a make meaningful difference in our society. But, how do you decide if Plaza is the right college for you?
- Start with a campus visit! Seeing our brand-new, award-winning campus in person might just seal the deal. Can’t wait? Check out our virtual tour.
- In the meantime, explore our School of Allied Health and School of Business & Technology. You’ll be able to choose from a list of highly specialized degree programs, designed to prepare you for a successful career in whatever your interests may be. You’ll build a resume filled with coursework, internships, and campus experiences – a resume with real-world relevance. And after that’s all done, you’ll see our graduates healing patients, leading successful companies, and shaping the future.
- Through the Department of Student Life, Plaza College students experience once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. They go to Broadway shows. They win national awards. They fundraise for organizations, host blood drives, and walk to beat cancer. They enrich their college experience with fun, meaningful activities.
- Ready to learn more? Call our Admissions Department at 718-505-4188 to get your enrollment process started!
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,614 students | 1.40 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
East Elmhurst,  NY  11369
- 20,231 students | 2.30 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City,  NY  11101
- 504 students | 3.20 Mi97-77 Queens Blvd
Rego Park,  NY  11374
- 397 students | 3.30 Mi136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor
Flushing,  NY  11354
- 4,525 students | 4.60 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
November 12, 2017
Community colleges are an excellent stepping stone between high school and a four-year institution, especially for students with learning disabilities. Learn about the support programs available at community colleges that can help students thrive academically, regardless of their disabilities.
November 12, 2017
Consider some of the most popular online options at community colleges today that allow students to earn two-year degrees right from the comfort of home.
October 26, 2017
For those who want to explore a career with growth potential, we introduce several high demand jobs that can be jump-started at community college.