St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens
Tel: (718) 357-0500
- With a tradition of excellence that has spanned more than 150 years, St. Vincent’s offers primary and preventive care as well as many of the finest specialty services in the city. With physicians and nurses at the top of their professions, we deliver the highest quality care.
St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||504 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||315 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||189 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$78,300||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers (SVCMC) is one of the New York metropolitan area's most comprehensive health care systems, serving nearly 600,000 people annually. SVCMC was established in 2000 as a result of the merger of Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and Queens, Saint Vincent Hospital and Medical Center of New York and Sisters of Charity Healthcare on Staten Island. Sponsored by the Roman Catholic Bishop of Brooklyn and the president of the Sisters of Charity of New York, SVCMC serves as the academic medical center of New York Medical College in New York City. SVCMC operates six hospitals, four skilled nursing facilities, a system-wide home care agency and a hospice. Our more than 20 ambulatory care sites provide a broad array of medical, psychiatric and substance abuse services. In 2003, St. Clare's Hospital, now St. Vincent's Midtown Hospital, became affiliated with the healthcare system. Over 2,500 physicians have chosen to affiliate with SVCMC, which offers the full range of medical and surgical care. Clinical trials and research help us provide the latest treatments in all specialties. Our system's mission -- to treat with respect, integrity compassion and excellence -- is combined with an emphasis on technology and quality. Wherever you live or work in the New York metropolitan area, Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers can help you and your family with your health care needs. St. John's Queens Hospital has been serving the communities of Elmhurst, Forest Hills, Jackson Heights and West and Southwest Queens with distinction for more than a century. Some of the finest physicians, nurses and allied health professionals in the area have chosen to affiliate with us.
- The nearest community college to St Paul's School of Nursing-Queens is Plaza College (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 870 students | 1.70 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills,  NY  11375
(718) 779-1430 1.70870
- 397 students | 2.60 Mi136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor
Flushing,  NY  11354
(718) 939-5100 2.60397
- 1,614 students | 3.00 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
East Elmhurst,  NY  11369
(718) 429-6600 3.001,614
- 20,231 students | 4.20 Mi31-10 Thomson Ave
Long Island City,  NY  11101
(718) 482-7200 4.2020,231
- 16,182 students | 5.60 Mi222-05 56th Ave
Oakland Gardens,  NY  11364
(718) 631-6262 5.6016,182
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.