Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland
Tel: (503) 223-2245
- Western Culinary Institute provides basic training and education for cooks and apprentice chefs. The curriculum offers you the opportunity to: Acquire the qualities of a professional, entry-level cook including stamina, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, ability to work with others, timing, and the artistry of food preparation. Learn and effectively practice advanced technical skills in food preparation and service. Become familiar with purchasing and inventory controls, buffet work and plate presentation, front-of-the-house operations, and basic principles of kitchen management. Understand the principles of food identification, nutrition, dietetics, and food/beverage composition. Gain an appreciation for the history, evolution, and international diversity of the culinary arts. Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working successfully in the food service/hospitality industry. Western Culinary Institute offers a full spectrum of culinary education combining the history and teachings of the world-renown Le Cordon Bleu School with a challenging and comprehensive curriculum. Opportunities for Western Culinary Institute Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Restaurant Management, and Pâtisserie and Baking degree program graduates are tremendous in the ever-expanding hospitality and culinary arts industry.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||105 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland is Everest College-Portland (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 161 students | 0.00 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
(503) 222-3225 0.00161
- 100 students | 1.60 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Floor
Portland,  OR  97232
(503) 761-6100 1.60100
- 804 students | 1.60 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
(503) 281-4181 1.60804
- 67,585 students | 6.10 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
(971) 722-6111 6.1067,585
- 1,195 students | 6.40 Mi4145 SW Watson Ave #300
Beaverton,  OR  97005
(503) 646-6000 6.401,195
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!