Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (503) 223-2245
- Western Culinary Institute provides basic training and education for cooks and apprentice chefs. The curriculum offers you the opportunity to: Acquire the qualities of a professional, entry-level cook including stamina, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, ability to work with others, timing, and the artistry of food preparation. Learn and effectively practice advanced technical skills in food preparation and service. Become familiar with purchasing and inventory controls, buffet work and plate presentation, front-of-the-house operations, and basic principles of kitchen management. Understand the principles of food identification, nutrition, dietetics, and food/beverage composition. Gain an appreciation for the history, evolution, and international diversity of the culinary arts. Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working successfully in the food service/hospitality industry. Western Culinary Institute offers a full spectrum of culinary education combining the history and teachings of the world-renown Le Cordon Bleu School with a challenging and comprehensive curriculum. Opportunities for Western Culinary Institute Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Restaurant Management, and Pâtisserie and Baking degree program graduates are tremendous in the ever-expanding hospitality and culinary arts industry.
The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||108 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland is Carrington College-Portland (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 234 students | 1.60 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Fl.
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 761-6100 1.60234
- 446 students | 1.60 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland, OR 97232
(503) 281-4181 1.60446
- 60,037 students | 6.10 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland, OR 97219
(971) 722-6111 6.1060,037
- 9,878 students | 8.00 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663
(360) 992-2000 8.009,878
- 28,000 students | 13.80 Mi26000 SE Stark St
Gresham, OR 97030
(503) 491-6422 13.8028,000
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.