Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland
Tel: (503) 223-2245
- Western Culinary Institute provides basic training and education for cooks and apprentice chefs. The curriculum offers you the opportunity to: Acquire the qualities of a professional, entry-level cook including stamina, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, ability to work with others, timing, and the artistry of food preparation. Learn and effectively practice advanced technical skills in food preparation and service. Become familiar with purchasing and inventory controls, buffet work and plate presentation, front-of-the-house operations, and basic principles of kitchen management. Understand the principles of food identification, nutrition, dietetics, and food/beverage composition. Gain an appreciation for the history, evolution, and international diversity of the culinary arts. Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working successfully in the food service/hospitality industry. Western Culinary Institute offers a full spectrum of culinary education combining the history and teachings of the world-renown Le Cordon Bleu School with a challenging and comprehensive curriculum. Opportunities for Western Culinary Institute Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Restaurant Management, and Pâtisserie and Baking degree program graduates are tremendous in the ever-expanding hospitality and culinary arts industry.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||452 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||452 students||844 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,200||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland is Everest College-Portland (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 161 students | 0.00 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
(503) 222-3225 0.00161
- 100 students | 1.60 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Floor
Portland,  OR  97232
(503) 761-6100 1.60100
- 804 students | 1.60 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
(503) 281-4181 1.60804
- 75,000 students | 6.10 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
(971) 722-6111 6.1075,000
- 1,195 students | 6.40 Mi4145 SW Watson Ave #300
Beaverton,  OR  97005
(503) 646-6000 6.401,195
Even more midnight classes are launching at community college campuses across the country this year, in hopes of working around the demanding schedules of their students.
Short-Term Commitment – Long-Term Benefits: Three Study-Abroad Options for Community College Students
While study abroad has long been considered an option only for students at four-year colleges and universities, there are actually many options for community college students who would like to experience studying in another country.
What is the latest on four-year degree programs at community colleges? We look at some of the states entering into this relatively new frontier, and why some are having a tough time selling the idea.