Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland
- Western Culinary Institute provides basic training and education for cooks and apprentice chefs. The curriculum offers you the opportunity to: Acquire the qualities of a professional, entry-level cook including stamina, dexterity, hand-eye coordination, ability to work with others, timing, and the artistry of food preparation. Learn and effectively practice advanced technical skills in food preparation and service. Become familiar with purchasing and inventory controls, buffet work and plate presentation, front-of-the-house operations, and basic principles of kitchen management. Understand the principles of food identification, nutrition, dietetics, and food/beverage composition. Gain an appreciation for the history, evolution, and international diversity of the culinary arts. Develop a sense of professionalism necessary for working successfully in the food service/hospitality industry. Western Culinary Institute offers a full spectrum of culinary education combining the history and teachings of the world-renown Le Cordon Bleu School with a challenging and comprehensive curriculum. Opportunities for Western Culinary Institute Culinary Arts, Hospitality & Restaurant Management, and Pâtisserie and Baking degree program graduates are tremendous in the ever-expanding hospitality and culinary arts industry.
- The teacher population of 15 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||15 staff||105 staff|
|Total Enrollment||452 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||452 students||844 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,200||$32,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Portland is Everest College-Portland (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 161 students | 0.30 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
- 100 students | 1.50 Mi2004 Lloyd Center, 3rd Floor
Portland,  OR  97232
- 804 students | 1.70 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
- 30,929 students | 6.10 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
- 10,911 students | 8.20 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.