- The mission of Apollo College is to prepare graduates to become health care professionals with the knowledge and skill necessary to assume entry-level positions in the health care industry. Apollo College has the following goals consistent with its mission is to develop knowledgeable and skill-oriented graduates who possess the necessary behavior and attitude which allows them to transition into entry-level employment in the health care industry; to provide quality didactic and clinical experiences that prepare graduates to perform competently within the professional standards of their field of study; provide the appropriate educational environment and services that result in appropriate student completion and employment rates after graduation.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||105 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||6|
|Total Enrollment||100 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||97 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,300||$32,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||72%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,344||$15,375|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,762||$6,156|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Carrington College-Portland is Concorde Career College-Portland (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 804 students | 0.30 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
- 161 students | 1.30 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
- 452 students | 1.50 Mi600 SW 10th Avenue, Suite 500
Portland,  OR  97205
- 10,911 students | 7.30 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
- 36,700 students | 7.40 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
Not all community colleges are created equal, and some may just be on the verge of losing their accreditation. Witness the turmoil and recovery in the battle for accreditation at several community colleges.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.