- The mission of Apollo College is to prepare graduates to become health care professionals with the knowledge and skill necessary to assume entry-level positions in the health care industry. Apollo College has the following goals consistent with its mission is to develop knowledgeable and skill-oriented graduates who possess the necessary behavior and attitude which allows them to transition into entry-level employment in the health care industry; to provide quality didactic and clinical experiences that prepare graduates to perform competently within the professional standards of their field of study; provide the appropriate educational environment and services that result in appropriate student completion and employment rates after graduation.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Carrington College-Portland||(OR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||9 staff||105 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||6|
|Total Enrollment||100 students||2,071 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||97 students||844 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3 students||1,227 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,300||$32,200|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||72%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,344||$15,375|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,762||$6,156|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Carrington College-Portland is Concorde Career College-Portland (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 804 students | 0.30 Mi1425 NE Irving Street, Bldg 300
Portland,  OR  97232
- 161 students | 1.60 Mi600 SW 10th, Suite 400
Portland,  OR  97205
- 452 students | 1.60 Mi600 SW 10th Avenue, Suite 500
Portland,  OR  97205
- 10,911 students | 7.00 Mi1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver,  WA  98663
- 36,700 students | 7.50 Mi12000 SW 49th Avenue
Portland,  OR  97219
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.