LDS Business College
LDS Business College ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Utah for:
The teacher population of 151 teachers has grown by 403% over five years.
|LDS Business College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Item not available|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||151 staff||119 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LDS Business College has provided quality education for 127 years. The school began November 15, 1886, as the Salt Lake Academy under the direction of Dr. Karl G. Maeser and William B. Dougall. Willard Done, the first teacher, welcomed 84 students when the College first opened its doors. To provide excellent career-based education, the College adopts current technologies and responds to changes in market demands. Additionally, the College offers options that prepare students to transfer to other colleges and universities. All students receive a foundation for life-long learning. The college offers Associate of Applied Science degree in several skills areas and the Associate of Science in Integrated Studies for university and college transfer. Courses are offered in Accounting, Business Skills, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, Interior Design, Medical Careers and Paralegal Studies. LDS Business College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Universities of the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education.
The nearest community college to LDS Business College is Fortis College-Salt Lake City (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 509 students | 6.10 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
(801) 713-0915 6.10509
- 29,517 students | 7.10 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801) 957-4111 7.1029,517
- 187 students | 7.50 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
West Haven, UT 84401
(801) 392-1471 7.50187
- 260 students | 7.70 Mi383 W Vine St
Murray, UT 84123
(801) 281-7620 7.70260
- 237 students | 8.40 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84123
(801) 333-8100 8.40237
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.