LDS Business College
The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|LDS Business College||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private not-for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||26 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- LDS Business College has provided quality education for 127 years. The school began November 15, 1886, as the Salt Lake Academy under the direction of Dr. Karl G. Maeser and William B. Dougall. Willard Done, the first teacher, welcomed 84 students when the College first opened its doors. To provide excellent career-based education, the College adopts current technologies and responds to changes in market demands. Additionally, the College offers options that prepare students to transfer to other colleges and universities. All students receive a foundation for life-long learning. The college offers Associate of Applied Science degree in several skills areas and the Associate of Science in Integrated Studies for university and college transfer. Courses are offered in Accounting, Business Skills, Computer Science, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, Interior Design, Medical Careers and Paralegal Studies. LDS Business College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges and Universities of the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and/or the U. S. Department of Education.
The nearest community college to LDS Business College is Fortis College-Salt Lake City (6.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 480 students | 6.10 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
(801) 713-0915 6.10480
- 29,156 students | 7.10 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
(801) 957-4111 7.1029,156
- 200 students | 7.50 Mi1350 W. 1890 S.
West Haven,  UT  84401
(801) 622-00000000 7.50200
- 399 students | 7.70 Mi383 W Vine St
Murray,  UT  84123
(801) 281-7620 7.70399
- 237 students | 8.40 Mi5588 South Green Street
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
(801) 333-8100 8.40237
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.