Eagle Gate College-Murray
- Eagle Gate College is a leader in career education in Utah. Our mission is to help you attain a rewarding career through student-centered training and education of the highest quality. We're accomplishing this mission by teaching the skills that apply directly to the marketplace and that employers want to hire. In today's job market, college graduates with career specific skills are in demand. Eagle Gate College's programs are developed with industry professionals who assist us with curriculum development and also recruit our graduates. You'll receive hands-on learning in the classroom that proves your skills and reduces the need for on-the-job training. Eagle Gate College offers degrees and certifications that can be earned entirely online so that earning your education is on your time. Our accelerated programs make it easy to finish quickly and our accredited programs teach you the skills you need to begin your career with confidence.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has grown by 87% over five years.
|Eagle Gate College-Murray||(UT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||329 students||914 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||329 students||270 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||644 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$32,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Eagle Gate College-Murray is Salt Lake Community College (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 30,248 students | 2.30 Mi4600 S Redwood Rd
Salt Lake City,  UT  84123
- 371 students | 3.00 Mi3949 S 700 E Ste 150
Salt Lake City,  UT  84107
- 219 students | 3.50 Mi1902 W 7800 S
West Jordan,  UT  84088
- 217 students | 4.80 Mi3280 W 3500 S
West Valley City,  UT  84119
- 234 students | 8.00 Mi121 Election Rd Ste 300
Draper,  UT  84020
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.