- The mission of Business Institute of Pennsylvania is to serve both the traditional student, who continues training shortly after graduation from high school, as well as the nontraditional student, who has been away from school for some time. In fulfilling this mission, an opportunity for all students to maintain marketable skills for employment in today's business and medical offices and to become successful both personally and professionally is provided.
Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage serves 122 students (90% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 20% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 122 students
- In-state tuition: $9,644
- Out-state tuition: $9,644
- Acceptance Rate: 94%
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 29 teachers has grown by 52% over five years.
Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage
(PA) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage has declined by 31% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 5:1 over five years.
The Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage diversity score of 0.34 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $9,644 is less than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,644 is less than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The Business Institute of Pennsylvania, an accredited and locally owned business school, has campuses in Sharon and Meadville, Pennsylvania. The institute offers Associate degrees in Business Administration, Computerized Office Technology, Executive Administrative Assistant, Medical and Legal Secretary, Health Information Technology, and Medical Office Assistant. Diploma programs of 6- and 12-months include Medical Transcription, Bookkeeping, Receptionist, and Business Skills for College Graduates. Business Institute of Pennsylvania, founded in 1926, is a dynamic learning institution serving the Western Pennsylvania and Eastern Ohio areas. The present owners took over the operation of the school in 1977 and have been instrumental in the numerous changes that have occurred. National accreditation, development of a Financial Aid Department, curriculum and equipment modernization, and community involvement are but a few examples of the implemented changes. The Business Institute offers customized training for area businesses. The minimum class size and material taught are negotiable and would be dependent on the specific needs of the business. Training is available on-site at the business or at the Business Institute. The Business Institute, accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, grants diplomas and Associate in Specialized Business Degrees to graduates who earn them.
Profile last updated: 11/30/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage cost?
Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage's tuition is approximately $9,644 for In-State students and $9,644 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage?
The acceptance rate of Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage is 94%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
What is Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage's ranking?
Laurel Technical Institute - Hermitage ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Least expensive tuition and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.