Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (724) 983-2803
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Laurel Technical Institute (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 168 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon, PA 16146
(724) 983-0700 0.40168
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon, PA 16146
(724) 646-2433 0.70n/a
- 118 students | 10.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown, OH 44505
(330) 759-0205 10.20118
- 129 students | 11.60 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles, OH 44446
(330) 652-9919 11.60129
- 192 students | 14.30 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren, OH 44484
(330) 369-3200 14.30192
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.