Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||539 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||309 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Winner Institute of Arts & Sciences (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.10 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 157 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 118 students | 10.30 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 825 students | 10.30 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
- 164 students | 11.70 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.