Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||539 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||309 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Laurel Technical Institute (Sharon) (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 157 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 118 students | 10.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 164 students | 11.60 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
- 192 students | 14.30 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren,  OH  44484
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.