Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (724) 983-2803
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Laurel Technical Institute (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 168 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
(724) 983-0700 0.40168
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
(724) 646-2433 0.70n/a
- 118 students | 10.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
(330) 759-0205 10.20118
- 129 students | 11.60 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
(330) 652-9919 11.60129
- 192 students | 14.30 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren,  OH  44484
(330) 369-3200 14.30192
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.