Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
Tel: (724) 983-2803
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||539 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||309 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Laurel Technical Institute (Sharon) (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 157 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
(724) 983-0700 0.40157
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
(724) 646-2433 0.70n/a
- 118 students | 10.20 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
(330) 759-0205 10.20118
- 164 students | 11.60 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
- 192 students | 14.30 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren,  OH  44484
(330) 369-3200 14.30192
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.