Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||539 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||309 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Winner Institute of Arts & Sciences (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.10 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 157 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 118 students | 10.30 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 825 students | 10.30 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
- 164 students | 11.70 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.