Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango
- Penn State Shenango’s mission, consistent with that of the University of which it is part, is to provide a balanced portfolio of academic offerings; to establish a strong and diverse enrollment in a campus climate where dignity and respect for others, as enunciated in the Penn State Principles, are practiced by all; to create an attractive, technologically flexible, safe, and comfortable environment for teaching and learning; to offer an array of student-appropriate co-curricular activities; to exploit new models of academic program delivery; to strengthen ties to other units of the University; to spearhead economic development and technology transfer in this region; in short, to promote the benefits of a Penn State education.
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||36 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||539 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||309 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||230 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Shenango is Winner Institute of Arts & Sciences (0.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.10 Mi32 W. State St.
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 157 students | 0.40 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 118 students | 10.30 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 825 students | 10.30 Mi4177 Pulaksi Road
New Castle,  PA  16101
- 164 students | 11.70 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.