Kent State University at Trumbull
- Kent State University's eight-campus network, one of the largest regional systems in the country, serves both the development of a true living/learning approach at the Kent Campus and regional needs on seven other campuses throughout Northeast Ohio. The Kent Campus provides the resources and facilities of a large, diverse university, while the Regional Campuses - Ashtabula, East Liverpool, Geauga, Salem, Stark, Trumbull and Tuscarawas - offer the friendly, casual atmosphere of small liberal arts colleges.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Kent State University at Trumbull||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||34 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,799 students||755 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||797 students||471 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,002 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.27||0.44|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,700||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding as a teacher-training school in 1910, Kent State has become an engine for economic, cultural and workforce development in the region and beyond as one of the premiere Ohio colleges. The university also has earned acclaim for applying new knowledge to address the needs of the communities it serves and society as a whole. The Warren Academic Center was granted campus status by the legislature in 1965, and became the Trumbull Campus of Kent State University. In December of 1966, the Trumbull County Commissioners offered to deed a 134.7 acre site to the University for a branch campus. By June of 1968, preliminary plans for a new campus facility were approved by the State, and completion of the building was targeted for 1970. With almost 800 students enrolled, the campus continued to operate in 1969 and 1970 in four leased facilities in Warren. The Fall of 1970 saw classes begin in the long-awaited facility, with approximately 1025 students, and high hopes for the future. Kent State's Trumbull Campus, offers programs at the freshman and sophomore level in 170 majors, along with 18 certificates and 15 associate degree programs, with junior/senior level coursework for baccalaureate degree completion in nursing, justice studies, technology, business management, English, psychology and general studies. The campus' new 68,000-square-foot Technology Building supports a variety of technology degree programs, and the new Workforce Development and Continuing Studies Center's program offerings include certification for professionals, and an Adaptive Technology Lab that provides education and training to individuals with special needs. Kent State University Trumbull Campus offers classes and academic coursework leading to a Bachelor of Arts degree in justice studies, as well as computer technology education and bachelor's degrees available in such areas as English, industrial technology and general studies. The Kent State Trumbull Campus also offers a master's degree in technology and several associate degree programs, achievable through small classes on our campus located in Trumbull County, Ohio. Kent State University is accredited without reservation by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 192 students | 5.40 Mi3200 Ridge Road
Warren,  OH  44484
- 164 students | 8.70 Mi2076 Youngstown Warren Rd
Niles,  OH  44446
- 118 students | 12.90 Mi3487 Belmont Ave
Youngstown,  OH  44505
- 157 students | 17.30 Mi200 Sterling Ave
Sharon,  PA  16146
- 539 students | 17.30 Mi147 Shenango Avenue
Sharon,  PA  16146
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.
October 07, 2017
October 07, 2017
Learn tips on how to support your child during during their transition to community college.