Lamar State College-Orange
- Lamar State College-Orange is an open-admissions, lower-division state institution of higher education within the Texas State University System. Our mission is to provide academic transfer and associate degree programs, technical certificate and associate degree programs, developmental programs, continuing education and customized training programs and community service activities.
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has declined by 35% over five years.
|Lamar State College-Orange||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,259 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,015 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,244 students||2,866 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lamar University opened its first extension center in Orange in the fall of 1969 with classes in the former Tilley Elementary School. In 1971 the Texas Legislature passed legislation allowing Lamar University to operate a two-year educational center, thus removing the extension status and allowing students to take two full years of coursework on the Orange campus. Lamar State College-Orange currently has a student body of approximately 2,000. Two-year academic programs are offered in business, communication, computer science, criminal justice, elementary education, liberal arts, natural science and sociology. These academic programs lead to associate of science degrees and will transfer to four-year institutions for students seeking baccalaureate degrees. Thirty technical programs are available, leading to associate of applied science degrees, certificates of completion and institutional awards. Instructional programs are offered in five divisions: liberal arts, mathematics and science, business and technology, education and allied health. Lamar State College-Orange is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate of arts, associate of science and associate of applied science degrees and certificates of completion.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,077 students | 18.70 Mi1500 Proctor St
Port Arthur,  TX  77640
- 2,799 students | 20.80 Mi855 E Lavaca
Beaumont,  TX  77705
- 198 students | 25.60 Mi6115 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont,  TX  77706
- 208 students | 32.40 Mi517 Broad St
Lake Charles,  LA  70601
- 3,411 students | 35.20 Mi3820 J Bennett Johnston Ave
Lake Charles,  LA  70616
August 09, 2018
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
July 16, 2018
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
July 11, 2018
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.