Lamar State College-Orange
- Lamar State College-Orange is an open-admissions, lower-division state institution of higher education within the Texas State University System. Our mission is to provide academic transfer and associate degree programs, technical certificate and associate degree programs, developmental programs, continuing education and customized training programs and community service activities.
The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lamar State College-Orange||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lamar University opened its first extension center in Orange in the fall of 1969 with classes in the former Tilley Elementary School. In 1971 the Texas Legislature passed legislation allowing Lamar University to operate a two-year educational center, thus removing the extension status and allowing students to take two full years of coursework on the Orange campus. Lamar State College-Orange currently has a student body of approximately 2,000. Two-year academic programs are offered in business, communication, computer science, criminal justice, elementary education, liberal arts, natural science and sociology. These academic programs lead to associate of science degrees and will transfer to four-year institutions for students seeking baccalaureate degrees. Thirty technical programs are available, leading to associate of applied science degrees, certificates of completion and institutional awards. Instructional programs are offered in five divisions: liberal arts, mathematics and science, business and technology, education and allied health. Lamar State College-Orange is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate of arts, associate of science and associate of applied science degrees and certificates of completion.
The nearest community college to Lamar State College-Orange is Lamar State College-Port Arthur (18.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,441 students | 18.70 Mi1500 Proctor St
Port Arthur, TX 77640
(409) 984-6342 18.702,441
- 3,265 students | 20.90 Mi855 E Lavaca
Beaumont, TX 77705
(409) 767-0290 20.903,265
- 3,459 students | 27.10 Mi3820 Senator J. Bennett Johnston Ave
Lake Charles, LA 70615
(337) 421-6565 27.103,459
- 208 students | 32.40 Mi517 Broad St
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(337) 439-5765 32.40208
- 150 students | 65.00 Mi1230 North Main Street
Jennings, LA 70546
(337) 824-4811 65.00150
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.