Lamar State College-Port Arthur
- Lamar State College - Port Arthur is an open-access, comprehensive public two-year college offering quality instruction leading to associate degrees and a variety of certificates. The college, a member of The Texas State University System, has provided affordable, quality educational opportunities to residents of the Southeast Texas area since 1909.
- Enrollment: 2,485 students
- In-state tuition: $5,295
- Out-state tuition: $16,155
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 65%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lamar State College-Port Arthur, a two-year, state-supported institution, is a member of The Texas State University System. Located in Port Arthur, an industrial and cultural center of Southeast Texas, the college offers freshman- and sophomore-level work in numerous academic and technical/vocational fields. The campus sits between the 1,000 and 1,800 blocks of Procter Street and Lakeshore Drive. <--new bullet point-->Founded as Port Arthur Business College in 1909, Lamar University - Port Arthur became a part of the Lamar University System in 1975. On September 1, 1995, Lamar - Port Arthur became part of The Texas State University System. Legislation signed into law in June 1999 changed the name to Lamar State College - Port Arthur. The Lamar State College-Port Arthur campus contains 22 buildings situated on approximately 40 acres. Most of these facilities were donated for the creation of the institution. The following is a listing of the institutions and organizations whose facilities contributed to Lamar State College-Port Arthur: Port Arthur College, the City of Port Arthur, the Port Arthur College Foundation, Southern Union Gas, the First United Methodist Church of Port Arthur and Daughters of the American Revolution. Lamar State College-Port Arthur offers general academic courses leading to Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees. Courses for transfer to four-year institutions are offered in accounting, economics, anthropology, art, government, health, home economics, physical education, physics, history, speech, computer science, mathematics, psychology, biology, chemistry, geography, geology, sociology, criminal justice, music, drama, English and Spanish. Lamar State College-Port Arthur is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. It is approved by the Texas Education Agency for the training of veterans under all classifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lamar State College-Port Arthur cost?
Lamar State College-Port Arthur's tuition is approximately $5,295 for In-State students and $16,155 for Out-State students.