Lamar Institute of Technology
- Lamar Institute of Technology: focusing on innovative education, training, and career development for tomorrow’s workforce. Lamar Institute of Technology provides quality education and training that enable a diverse student population to achieve its career goals. Programs are enhanced by developing and maintaining partnerships with business, industry, and the community. Faculty are dedicated to teaching, advising, and scholarship. Both faculty and staff work to serve the Institute and the community. The Institute of Technology recognizes its obligation to make available to the community all the opportunities implicit in its function as a part of The Texas State University System.
Lamar Institute of Technology places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 109 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lamar Institute of Technology||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||109 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,799 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,333 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,466 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,200||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Lamar Institute of Technology is Kaplan College-Beaumont (7.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 198 students | 7.40 Mi6115 Eastex Freeway
Beaumont,  TX  77706
- 2,077 students | 14.50 Mi1500 Proctor St
Port Arthur,  TX  77640
- 2,259 students | 20.80 Mi410 Front St
Orange,  TX  77630
- 208 students | 53.00 Mi517 Broad St
Lake Charles,  LA  70601
- 3,411 students | 55.90 Mi3820 J Bennett Johnston Ave
Lake Charles,  LA  70616
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.