- Lamar Institute of Technology: focusing on innovative education, training, and career development for tomorrow’s workforce. Lamar Institute of Technology provides quality education and training that enable a diverse student population to achieve its career goals. Programs are enhanced by developing and maintaining partnerships with business, industry, and the community. Faculty are dedicated to teaching, advising, and scholarship. Both faculty and staff work to serve the Institute and the community. The Institute of Technology recognizes its obligation to make available to the community all the opportunities implicit in its function as a part of The Texas State University System.
- Enrollment: 4,417 students
- In-state tuition: $4,220
- Out-state tuition: $12,644
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 47%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lamar Institute of Technology ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for: