- The primary purpose of Lee College is to provide quality instruction for its students. Through a variety of programs and services, Lee College prepares students for success in higher education or employment. Lee College also provides a broad-based program of extension courses, distance education, adult education, continuing education and community service.
The teacher population of 216 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lee College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||216 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Established in 1934 to provide high quality education at a minimal cost, Lee College has continued that tradition for over 60 years. Originally housed on the Robert E. Lee High School campus, Lee College severed its initial integration with the Goose Creek Independent School District under the leadership of the college's first dean, Walter Rundell. In 1948, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools granted Lee College accreditation and recommended that the college develop its own campus apart from the local high school. A successful bond election in the following year allowed for the construction of Rundell Hall and the campus gymnasium. The college experienced tremendous growth after classes began in the new buildings in 1951. In 2000, another successful bond election led to expansion of the campus by more than 33% with the addition in 2002 of a new Advanced Technology Center, Library, and Tennis Courts. In 2003, the College occupied a new Wellness Center and Sports Complex. Parking was also expanded and beautification efforts including a central courtyard, covered walks, and landscaping were completed. Lee College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate of Arts Degree, Associate of Science Degree and the Associate of Applied Science Degree. Lee College is also accredited by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board and the Texas Education Agency.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 32,137 students | 9.80 Mi8060 Spencer Hwy
Pasadena,  TX  77505
(281) 998-6150 9.8032,137
- n/a students | 13.50 Mi5800 uvalde
Houston,  TX  77049
(281) 458-4050 13.50n/a
- 324 students | 16.80 Mi20985 Interstate 45 South
Webster,  TX  77598
(281) 885-4450 16.80324
- n/a students | 17.20 Mi13735 beamer rd
Houston,  TX  77089
(281) 484-1900 17.20n/a
- 4,673 students | 23.10 Mi1200 Amburn Road
Texas City,  TX  77591
(409) 938-1211 23.104,673
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.