Kalamazoo Valley Community College
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College is a two-year, comprehensive, public institution. This means that we offer a broad array of programs and courses designed for immediate employment as well as transfer to four-year institutions. Our "go-to-work" programs will give you skills necessary for immediate employment in today's highly technological and skill-based work force. Our transfer programs will give you solid grounding for success in a four-year college or university. Graduates in programs designed for immediate employment are highly successful, both in terms of job placement and in terms of entry salaries. Those who seek the bachelors degree have found that the first two years at KVCC prepare them well for upper division work.
- Enrollment: 7,755 students
- In-state tuition: $4,896
- Out-state tuition: $6,601
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Kalamazoo Valley Community College was established by vote of the people in 1966. It is a comprehensive, public, two-year college. Our enrollments total between 10,000 and 11,000 each semester. The College offers certificate programs in over 20 areas of study and associate of applied science degrees in 25 areas. These "go-to-work" programs include business careers, health careers, human and public service careers, and technical and industrial careers. Kalamazoo Valley Community College (KVCC) also provides a quality experience for transfer students, offering the associate of arts degree in education and liberal arts, and the associate of science degree in pre-science and pre-engineering. We are a fully accredited institution. KVCC has two campuses: the Texas Township Campus and the Arcadia Commons Campus. Designed by Aldon Dow, a student of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Texas Township Campus is housed on 187 acres of rolling woodland west of Kalamazoo. This campus is just off I-94 and the I-94/US 131 interchange. Additional acres are also available for future expansion at this location. At Texas Township, students may participate in athletics and intramural programs, play tennis, use the pool or exercise facilities, or maybe cross country ski on the College's wooded trails. The Texas Township Campus, which totals about 430,000 square feet, is home to the Advanced Technology Center, a showcase for cutting edge developments in design and manufacturing technologies. The Advanced Technology Center features a manufacturing floor and demonstration area, an auditorium with uplink/downlink and teleconferencing facilities, a computer-integrated manufacturing cell, a lab dedicated to computer-assisted drafting, design and manufacturing, and other state-of-the-art facilities. Staff of the Center work with industry to assess new manufacturing technologies, demonstrate new products, train employees in new processes or tools, and share these developments with KVCC students. Our Learning Center provides one-to-one tutoring, study skills development, assistance to students with special needs, and other tools for your educational success. Other services include a friendly and knowledgeable financial aid staff, touch tone as well as in-person registration, and counselors who are dedicated to you, the student. Student activities and clubs provide opportunities to connect to other students as well as to develop skills which will add to your learning experience and make you a better job candidate.