Glen Oaks Community College
- Our mission is to provide excellence in education, whether your requirement is completion of transfer courses, vocational-technical programs, distance learning programs, or continuing education programs. Our dedicated professional faculty and staff are committed to your successful learning experience and to the achievement of your future goals.
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 61% over five years.
|Glen Oaks Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,104 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||389 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||715 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.21||0.50|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,400||$31,100|
- Glen Oaks Community College is a comprehensive post-secondary educational institution, encompassing a commitment to college transfer courses, vocational-technical education programs, lifelong education, community services, and student support programs. Glen Oaks Community College is committed to excellence in teaching and learning, providing a supportive environment and maintaining high expectations for achievement. The Glen Oaks environment is characterized by a genuine, caring, concern for all individuals. Glen Oaks is committed to being an integral part of the community it serves. All citizens who can benefit should have access to the College's programs and services. Glen Oaks prides itself on the fact that thousands of its graduates have successfully transferred to 4-year colleges and universities and gone on to make significant contributions in their chosen career fields. Smooth transfer of credits from Glen Oaks is assured if you fulfill the requirements for the transfer associate degrees. Glen Oaks Community College received approval from the State of Michigan in 1965 to offer collegiate level courses. Full accreditation status was conferred upon Glen Oaks by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (NCA) in April, 1975.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 498 students | 24.80 Mi881 Parkway Ave
Elkhart,  IN  46516
- 9,489 students | 25.20 Mi6767 West O Ave
Kalamazoo,  MI  49003
- 2,567 students | 30.60 Mi58900 Cherry Grove Rd
Dowagiac,  MI  49047
- 5,929 students | 34.60 Mi450 North Ave
Battle Creek,  MI  49017
- 340 students | 37.60 Mi3454 Douglas Rd.
South Bend,  IN  46635