Kellogg Community College
- Kellogg Community College is a public institution of higher learning which shall provide academic, occupational, general, and lifelong learning opportunities for all people in its district and contiguous service area. The College shall maintain close ties with community-based organizations and business and professional groups; exercise a leadership role in the educational advancement of the area; promote innovation and preparation for change; and provide support and assistance in economic development activities.
- The teacher population of 188 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kellogg Community College||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||188 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,929 students||3,505 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,697 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,232 students||1,914 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$30,600|
- Kellogg Community College was founded in 1956 by the Battle Creek Board of Education which operated it until 1970 when voters created an area-wide college district.The College, situated on sites in Battle Creek, Albion (Eastern Academic Center), Coldwater (Grahl Center), Hastings (Fehsenfeld Center), and Ft. Custer Industrial Park (Regional Manufacturing Technology Center), offers nearly 100 pre-professional college/university transfer curricula; approximately 40 occupational associate degree programs in health, business, secretarial, technical and public science fields; and over 30 certificate programs aimed toward job preparation; and related training for apprenticeships. KCC provides customized training services designed and delivered to area businesses and institutions and a wide range of lifelong learning programs for personal enrichment. Over the past several years, hundreds of area businesses have received specialized training for thousands of employees and dozens of small businesses and individuals through the College's customized training programs. The institution shall provide a comprehensive range of curricula, courses, activities, and services, limited only by the responsible management of its financial, personnel, and physical resources. The College was fully reaccredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools during the spring semester of 2002.
- The nearest community college to Kellogg Community College is Kalamazoo Valley Community College (26.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,489 students | 26.70 Mi6767 West O Ave
Kalamazoo,  MI  49003
- 1,104 students | 34.60 Mi62249 Shimmel Rd
Centreville,  MI  49032
- 1,937 students | 37.40 Mi2800 Springport Rd
Jackson,  MI  49202
- 1,047 students | 38.80 MiE4946 Jackson Rd
Ironwood,  MI  49938
- 5,487 students | 41.50 Mi2111 Emmons Rd
Jackson,  MI  49201