Browse past news stories for Johnston Community College in Smithfield, NC.
- VP of Institutional Effectiveness Retires After 28 Years at JCC - Johnston Community College News
posted on September 2, 2016 at 05:01:52 pm
After 28 years of teaching and leading reaffirmation at Johnston Community College, Dale O'Neill has retired. O'Neill of Four Oaks started her tenure at the college teaching English ...
- Johnston Community College salutes late Durwood Woodall - News & Observer
posted on August 16, 2016 at 02:48:16 pm
The Johnston Community College Board of Trustees recently honored the late Durwood Woodall for his years of service to the college. Woodall, of Smithfield, was a JCC trustee for eight years and was vice chairman of the board whe ...
- JCC Launches Internship Program with Novo Nordisk - Johnston Community College News
posted on August 11, 2016 at 01:12:00 pm
Johnston Community College is pleased to announce a new student internship program with Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc. Cody Worley of Willow Springs is the first JCC student to pa ...
- Lassiter Gift to Support Public Safety Training - Johnston Community College News
posted on July 12, 2016 at 08:42:10 pm
Johnston Community College is pleased to announce a recent major gift by Donnie and Linda Lassiter of Selma. The donation will support the purchase of a close-quarter shoot house, w ...
- 20 Students Graduate from Junior Leadership Johnston - Johnston Community College News
posted on June 28, 2016 at 02:40:59 pm
The program, hosted by Johnston Community College, is open to rising high school juniors lasts one week and provides the students with an opportunity to visit and hear from leaders a ...
- Career and College Promise is accelerating college and career readiness - Johnston Community College News
posted on June 14, 2016 at 11:52:29 am
Interestingly, the content promoted the significant impact community colleges have on the nation's economy. Now that Johnston Community College has completed another momentous year, held ...
- JCC Celebrates Small Business Week - Johnston Community College News
posted on May 2, 2016 at 12:18:43 pm
Johnston Community College's Small Business Center is proud to recognize National Small Business Week May 1-7. Pat Killette, director of the Small Business Cente ...
- Sonography Students Take Home Awards - Johnston Community College News
posted on April 29, 2016 at 01:51:11 pm
Sonography students at Johnston Community College attended the North Carolina Ultrasound Society annual conference recently and took home several awards. The JC ...
- 85 Inducted into Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society - Johnston Community College News
posted on April 25, 2016 at 04:24:39 pm
Eighty-five students were recently inducted into the Beta Zeta Theta chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at Johnston Community College for the 2015-16 academic year. The international honor s ...
- 41 Inducted into National Technical Honor Society - Johnston Community College News
posted on April 14, 2016 at 12:57:05 pm
The National Technical Honor Society at Johnston Community College inducted 41 new members for the 2015-16 academic year. The honor society recognizes outstanding achievement of ...
- Penny Has a Passion for Learning, Student Success - Johnston Community College News
posted on April 13, 2016 at 06:49:33 pm
A medical sonography instructor at Johnston Community College since 2003, Penny believes in lifelong learning. That's why he's earned his associate's degree, his bachelor's d ...
- SGA Leaders Win State Association Awards - Johnston Community College News
posted on April 7, 2016 at 02:51:22 pm
Two JCC students won excellence awards at the recent North Carolina Comprehensive Community College Student Government Association (N4CSGA) conference in Durham. Mario H ...
- UNC Radiation Therapy Program Selects Two JCC Students - Johnston Community College News
posted on February 25, 2016 at 07:31:13 pm
"What an honor it is to have two of the four incoming students of the fall radiation therapy class to be from Johnston Community College," Jackson said. "The program faculty i ...
May 20, 2017
Corrosion technology is one of the hottest new industries community colleges are training for. Currently, only a handful of schools offer a program, but the field is open for new graduates.
May 20, 2017
A recent report revealed that many California community college students take twice as long to get an associate’s degree as is normally required. While community college is less expensive than attending a four-year institution, students who drag out their degree programs lose much of that savings in additional tuition, fees, textbooks, and lost wages. In this article, we examine the reasons why some students take so long to graduate.
May 20, 2017
We take a look at the latest annual college rankings from Washington Monthly, which provide a list of the top community colleges in the country as well as four-year schools.