John A Gupton College
John A Gupton College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|John A Gupton College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||129 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||67 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62 students||262 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||13||113|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- John A. Gupton College was the first independent institution of Funeral Service Education to earn regional accreditation and thus be able to offer a course of study leading to the Associate of Arts Degree. The College's pursuit of regional accreditation establishes its role as a pioneer in the educational community. Located in the heart of Nashville's academic community, John A. Gupton College offers a well equipped facility conducive to effective learning. The new facility houses classrooms, science laboratory, marketing center, restorative arts laboratory, preparation area, offices, library/computer center, and a fully equipped student lounge. The college offers courses in General Business, Natural Sciences, Health & Human Services, Humanities/Fine Arts, Social/Behavioral Sciences and Funeral Service Arts And Sciences. John A. Gupton College is Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts Degree in Funeral Service. The College is also accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
- The nearest community college to John A Gupton College is Watkins College of Art Design & Film (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 304 students | 2.60 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 472 students | 3.20 Mi4210 Harding Pike
Nashville,  TN  37205
- 10,193 students | 3.70 Mi120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville,  TN  37209
- 89 students | 4.40 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 5.20 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.