John A Gupton College
- The teacher population of 5 teachers has grown by 25% over five years.
|John A Gupton College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||5 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||129 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||67 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62 students||262 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||13||113|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,600||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- John A. Gupton College was the first independent institution of Funeral Service Education to earn regional accreditation and thus be able to offer a course of study leading to the Associate of Arts Degree. The College's pursuit of regional accreditation establishes its role as a pioneer in the educational community. Located in the heart of Nashville's academic community, John A. Gupton College offers a well equipped facility conducive to effective learning. The new facility houses classrooms, science laboratory, marketing center, restorative arts laboratory, preparation area, offices, library/computer center, and a fully equipped student lounge. The college offers courses in General Business, Natural Sciences, Health & Human Services, Humanities/Fine Arts, Social/Behavioral Sciences and Funeral Service Arts And Sciences. John A. Gupton College is Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Arts Degree in Funeral Service. The College is also accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 304 students | 2.60 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 472 students | 3.20 Mi4210 Harding Pike
Nashville,  TN  37205
- 10,193 students | 3.70 Mi120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville,  TN  37209
- 89 students | 4.40 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 5.20 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.