Nashville State Community College
- The mission of Nashville State Community College is to provide comprehensive educational programs and partnerships, exemplary services, an accessible, progressive learning environment, and responsible leadership to improve the quality of life for the communities it serves.
Nashville State Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Nashville State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,193 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$29,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||32 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
ACCESS Club, Architectural and Civil Engineering Student Association, Art Club, Campus Crusade for Christ, Chess Club, Cinema Arts Society, Creative Writing Club, Future Ladies in Technology, FUTURO, Green Sleeves, Health and Fitness Association, History Association, Honors College Association, International Student Association, Kappa Beta Delta, Karate Club, LBGTQ Alliance, Mathematics Club, Music Society, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Theta Kappa, Philosophy Club, Political Times, Psychology Club, Science Student Association, Society of Photography Students, Student Government Association, Student Occupational Therapy Assistant Organization, Surgical Technology Student Organization, Tau Alpha Pi, The Bridge, Theater Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Nashville State opened in 1970 with an enrollment of 398 students. By the Fall of 2000, that number had grown to 7,315; with a current enrollment of over 10,000 students. Nashville State's initial offering of five Associate's degree programs has grown to over 80 degree and certificate programs. In addition, Nashville State offers continuing education courses ranging from technical skills to management training and programs providing training in such areas as computer-aided drafting and office technology. Nashville State shares a 109 acre campus with the Tennessee Technology Center at Nashville. The Nashville State facilities include 239,000 square feet of space for classrooms, labs, offices, student services, and a library. The college offers programs in Business & Applied Arts, English & Humanities, Health & Social Sciences, Information & Engineering Technologies and Math & Sciences. Nashville State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree, and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.
- The nearest community college to Nashville State Community College is Aquinas College (0.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 472 students | 0.60 Mi4210 Harding Pike
Nashville,  TN  37205
- 129 students | 3.70 Mi1616 Church St
Nashville,  TN  37203
- 304 students | 5.10 Mi2298 Rosa L Parks Blvd
Nashville,  TN  37228
- 89 students | 7.30 Mi560 Royal Parkway
Nashville,  TN  37214
- 369 students | 8.50 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.