Nashville State Community College
- The mission of Nashville State Community College is to provide comprehensive educational programs and partnerships, exemplary services, an accessible, progressive learning environment, and responsible leadership to improve the quality of life for the communities it serves.
- Enrollment: 7,064 students
- In-state tuition: $3,872
- Out-state tuition: $15,273
- Acceptance Rate: 67%
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 44%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Nashville State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Tennessee for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
ACCESS Club, Architectural and Civil Engineering Student Association, Art Club, Campus Crusade for Christ, Chess Club, Cinema Arts Society, Creative Writing Club, Future Ladies in Technology, FUTURO, Green Sleeves, Health and Fitness Association, History Association, Honors College Association, International Student Association, Kappa Beta Delta, Karate Club, LBGTQ Alliance, Mathematics Club, Music Society, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Theta Kappa, Philosophy Club, Political Times, Psychology Club, Science Student Association, Society of Photography Students, Student Government Association, Student Occupational Therapy Assistant Organization, Surgical Technology Student Organization, Tau Alpha Pi, The Bridge, Theater Club
- Nashville State opened in 1970 with an enrollment of 398 students. By the Fall of 2000, that number had grown to 7,315; with a current enrollment of over 10,000 students. Nashville State's initial offering of five Associate's degree programs has grown to over 80 degree and certificate programs. In addition, Nashville State offers continuing education courses ranging from technical skills to management training and programs providing training in such areas as computer-aided drafting and office technology. Nashville State shares a 109 acre campus with the Tennessee Technology Center at Nashville. The Nashville State facilities include 239,000 square feet of space for classrooms, labs, offices, student services, and a library. The college offers programs in Business & Applied Arts, English & Humanities, Health & Social Sciences, Information & Engineering Technologies and Math & Sciences. Nashville State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree, the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree, and the Associate of Science (A.S.) degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Nashville State Community College cost?
Nashville State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,872 for In-State students and $15,273 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Nashville State Community College?
The acceptance rate of Nashville State Community College is 67%, which is lower than the state average of 95%.
What is Nashville State Community College's ranking?
Nashville State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Tennessee for: Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).