Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley
Tel: (812) 299-1121
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana's economy and enhances its cultural development.
The teacher population of 192 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's--Public Rural-serving Large||Associate's--Public Urban-serving Multicampus|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||192 staff||97 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Wabash Valley Region offers courses and programs at the South Highway 41 Campus, the Airport Campus, the Martin Luther King Center, the Sullivan Learning Center, and the Greencastle Campus. Courses are also offered at Learning Centers including Clinton, Rockville, and White River Valley High School. Ivy Tech Community College - Wabash Valley Region opened its doors in 1968 and serves students in Clay,Parke, Putnam, Sullivan, Vermillion, Vigo and part of Greene counties. Ivy Tech Community College - Wabash Valley Region has one regional campus and a number of off-campus locations such as hospitals, businesses, industries, high schools, and agencies offering credit and non-credit courses. The College offers courses of study for Technical Certificates (one-year programs that develop competency in a technical skill), Associate of Applied Science Degrees (two-year programs that provide both depth and breadth in conceptual and operational skills in a technical field) and Associate of Science Degrees (two-year programs that emphasize cognate skills as well as technical skills. Some colleges will accept some of this credit toward a four-year Bachelor degree) in a number of program areas. The College also provides continuing education, business and industry training and other services through its Corporate and Community Services Area. The Wabash Valley Region provides extensive Continuing Education offerings, as well as customized training and education for area business and industry. The Corporate and Continuing Education Department, located at the Airport Campus, provides many assessment and training services to the citizens and businesses of the Greater Terre Haute area. Ivy Tech Community College - Wabash Valley Region is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley is Lincoln Trail College (28.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 28.80 Mi11220 State Hwy 1
Robinson, IL 62454
(618) 393-2982 28.80892
- 5,808 students | 44.70 Mi200 Daniels Way
Bloomington, IN 47404
(812) 332-1559 44.705,808
- 17,481 students | 47.70 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes, IN 47591
(812) 888-8888 47.7017,481
- 4,583 students | 53.10 Mi5001 Lake Land Blvd
Mattoon, IL 61938
(217) 234-5253 53.104,583
- 2,620 students | 53.70 Mi2000 E Main St
Danville, IL 61832
(217) 443-3222 53.702,620
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.