Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton
- Ivy Tech Community College?s Bloomington campus opened in 2001, and includes a six county service area: Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan and Owen counties. The Bloomington campus has an enrollment of 6,500 students. Though Bloomington has a six county service area, we serve students from nearly all Indiana counties. It is the mission of Ivy Tech?s Bloomington campus to serve our diverse communities as a comprehensive community college by creating and sustaining strategic partnerships that enable us to deliver quality higher education and advanced training programs for the purpose of changing the lives of our students and supporting the workforce and economic development goals of our communities.
- The teacher population of 184 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||184 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,808 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,007 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,801 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Bloominton is Ivy Tech Community College-Columbus (37.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,368 students | 37.60 Mi4475 Central Ave
Columbus,  IN  47203
- 531 students | 42.00 Mi1500 American Way
Greenwood,  IN  46143
- 143 students | 43.80 Mi7251 W McCarty St
Indianapolis,  IN  46241
- 5,610 students | 44.60 Mi8000 S Education Dr
Terre Haute,  IN  47802
- 3,498 students | 47.90 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.