Lake Land College
- Lake Land College creates and continuously improves an affordable, accessible, and effective learning environment for the lifelong educational needs of the diverse communities we serve.
- Enrollment: 3,862 students
- In-state tuition: $7,282
- Out-state tuition: $13,084
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Lake Land College is a public community college offering career programs that lead to immediate employment, transfer programs that lead to a baccalaureate degree, liberal arts, adult education, special job training and retraining programs. The 308 - acre campus hosts nine major buildings plus six supportive buildings, two campus ponds, a 160 acre agriculture land laboratory, computer labs, CAD lab, child care lab, cosmetology clinic and a dental clinic. The library provides access to books, magazines and several electronic databases. Classes are offered at the Effingham Kluthe Center, Workforce Development Center /IETC, on the Internet and at more than 25 off campus sites. Lake Land College is also committed to using technology in the learning process, allowing the College to reach beyond east central Illinois and afford you opportunities that surpass what anyone would have imagined just a few years ago. Degrees and certificates in Biotechnology, Massage Therapy, Cisco and GIS, are just a few examples of the new programs available to our students. One of the most comprehensive offerings of online and interactive distance learning courses among any higher education institution is available at Lake Land. The Higher Learning Commission; Member - North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Illinois State Board of Vocational Education, National League for Nursing, Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association and Commission for Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. Approved as a Class I Community College by Illinois Community College Board and Illinois State Board of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lake Land College cost?
Lake Land College's tuition is approximately $7,282 for In-State students and $13,084 for Out-State students.
What is Lake Land College's ranking?
Lake Land College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Illinois for: Least debt for graduating students.