- Lake Land College creates and continuously improves an affordable, accessible, and effective learning environment for the lifelong educational needs of the diverse communities we serve.
Lake Land College serves 3,862 students (50% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 47%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,862 students
- In-state tuition: $7,282
- Out-state tuition: $13,084
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Lake Land College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Illinois for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 343 teachers has grown by 154% over five years.
Lake Land College
(IL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Lake Land College has declined by 22% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five years.
The Lake Land College diversity score of 0.57 is less than the state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has grown by 137% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $7,282 is less than the state average of $7,972. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $13,084 is more than the state average of $10,688. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Lake Land College is a public community college offering career programs that lead to immediate employment, transfer programs that lead to a baccalaureate degree, liberal arts, adult education, special job training and retraining programs. The 308 - acre campus hosts nine major buildings plus six supportive buildings, two campus ponds, a 160 acre agriculture land laboratory, computer labs, CAD lab, child care lab, cosmetology clinic and a dental clinic. The library provides access to books, magazines and several electronic databases. Classes are offered at the Effingham Kluthe Center, Workforce Development Center /IETC, on the Internet and at more than 25 off campus sites. Lake Land College is also committed to using technology in the learning process, allowing the College to reach beyond east central Illinois and afford you opportunities that surpass what anyone would have imagined just a few years ago. Degrees and certificates in Biotechnology, Massage Therapy, Cisco and GIS, are just a few examples of the new programs available to our students. One of the most comprehensive offerings of online and interactive distance learning courses among any higher education institution is available at Lake Land. The Higher Learning Commission; Member - North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Illinois State Board of Vocational Education, National League for Nursing, Council on Dental Education, American Dental Association and Commission for Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education. Approved as a Class I Community College by Illinois Community College Board and Illinois State Board of Higher Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lake Land College cost?
Lake Land College's tuition is approximately $7,282 for In-State students and $13,084 for Out-State students.
What is Lake Land College's ranking?
Lake Land College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Illinois for: Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.