Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana 's economy and enhances its cultural development.
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,265 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,566 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,699 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. At Ivy Tech, education is something that doesn't end with the completion of a degree. It is something that benefits you throughout your life. Ivy Tech's Continuing Education classes will expand your world and delight your mind. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo is Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics (28.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 37 students | 28.70 Mi809 S Harrison St
Alexandria,  IN  46001
- 297 students | 37.80 Mi4705 Meijer Court
Lafayette,  IN  47905
- 280 students | 38.20 Mi140 E 53rd St
Anderson,  IN  46013
- 6,932 students | 39.40 Mi3101 South Creasy Ln
Lafayette,  IN  47905
- 301 students | 40.90 Mi6300 Technology Center Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46278
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.