Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana 's economy and enhances its cultural development.
Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo serves 5,265 students (49% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 is higher than the state community college average of 23:1.
Minority enrollment is 100% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 58%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 5,265 students
- In-state tuition: $3,257
- Out-state tuition: $6,761
- Student:teacher ratio: 31:1
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo
(IN) Community College Avg.
Associate's--Public Rural-serving Medium
Less than 2 yrs
Less than 2 years (below associate)
The student population of Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 31:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo diversity score of 1.00 is more than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years) (Year 2010)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years) (Year 2010)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,257 is less than the state average of $3,797. The in-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,761 is less than the state average of $8,083. The out-state tuition has grown by 19% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2010)
Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2010)
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. At Ivy Tech, education is something that doesn't end with the completion of a degree. It is something that benefits you throughout your life. Ivy Tech's Continuing Education classes will expand your world and delight your mind. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo cost?
Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo's tuition is approximately $3,257 for In-State students and $6,761 for Out-State students.
What is Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo's ranking?
Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo ranks among the top 20% of community college in Indiana for: Least expensive tuition and Average community college minority breakdown.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.