Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo
- As a statewide, open-access, community college, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana provides residents of Indiana with professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education for successful careers, personal development, and citizenship. Through its affordable, quality educational programs and services, the College strengthens Indiana 's economy and enhances its cultural development.
- The teacher population of 171 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||171 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,265 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,566 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,699 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,100||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Ivy Tech is a statewide open-admissions community college that has grown into the second-largest post-secondary institution in Indiana. Our programs lead to two-year associate's degrees and one-year technical certificates. With 23 campuses and low tuition, Ivy Tech is both convenient and affordable. Each year, Ivy Tech partners with four-year colleges and universities to add new transfer opportunities for our students. More and more Ivy Tech graduates are building on their associate's degrees and continuing to the bachelor's level. At Ivy Tech, education is something that doesn't end with the completion of a degree. It is something that benefits you throughout your life. Ivy Tech's Continuing Education classes will expand your world and delight your mind. Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is accredited by Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Ivy Tech Community College-Kokomo is Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics (28.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 37 students | 28.70 Mi809 S Harrison St
Alexandria,  IN  46001
- 297 students | 37.70 Mi4705 Meijer Court
Lafayette,  IN  47905
- 6,932 students | 39.40 Mi3101 South Creasy Ln
Lafayette,  IN  47905
- 236 students | 42.30 Mi411 W Riggin Rd
Muncie,  IN  47303
- 529 students | 42.50 Mi6612 E 75th St Suite 300
Indianapolis,  IN  46250
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.