ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 27 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||27 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||698 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||582 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||116 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$29,400|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Norfolk, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute was founded December 1, 1959 as Teletronic Technical Institute. In July 1965, the name was changed to Sams Technical Institute. International Telephone & Telegraph Corporation acquired the school in 1966. The name of the school was changed in September 1970 to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in September 1996. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology, a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Automated Manufacturing Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Adminstration, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security, Software Engineering Technology and Technical Project Management. Other branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Norfolk, Virginia, Norwood, Massachusetts, Woburn Massachusetts, Louisville, Kentucky and Arnold, Missouri. ITT Technical Institute, Norfolk, Virginia opened in Virginia Beach, Virginia in January 1988. The school began offering an associate of applied science degree program of study in Electronics Engineering Technology in June 1988. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management. In June 1993 the school moved to its present location at 863 Glenrock Road, Suite 100, Norfolk, Virginia 20502. The facility occupies part of a modern two story building located as part of Military Circle, a commercial and shopping mall which is easily accessible to major traffic arteries in the area. ITT Technical Institute has ample parking, ramped entrances, modern classrooms and laboratories, administrative areas, student lounge, telephones, drinking fountains and restroom facilities for disabled individuals. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. ITT Technical Institute, Norfolk, is approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia to offer associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk is Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.20 Mi2428 Almeda Ave Ste 316
Norfolk,  VA  23513
- 226 students | 2.10 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 315 students | 2.80 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
- 717 students | 3.30 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 12,947 students | 3.40 Mi5555 Greenwich Rd Ste 300
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
A career in healthcare is rewarding, recession-proof, and financially lucrative. Consider the 10 hottest healthcare careers today that can be started right from community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.