- ECPI University is a Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas on-campus and online private college providing technology, engineering, business, health sciences, and culinary degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services and IT certification training.
ECPI University serves 14,353 students (99% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 57% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 48%.
- Enrollment: 14,353 students
- Private-state tuition: $16,639
- Acceptance Rate: 80%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 57%
- Source: Verified school update
ECPI University ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
The teacher population of 1,380 teachers has grown by 177% over five years.
(VA) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of ECPI University has grown by 19% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The ECPI University diversity score of 0.66 is less than the state average of 0.67. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $16,639 is more than the state average of $15,590. The private state tuition has grown by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- ECPI programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs offered at Virginia Beach Campus include Biomedical Equipment Technology, Information Systems, Computer Electronics Engineering Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, IT/Computer Programming, IT/Web Design, Wireless Communications, Simulation & Game Programming, Accounting Administration, Business Systems Administration and Criminal Justice Technology. ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diplomas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does ECPI University cost?
ECPI University's private state tuition is approximately $16,639.
What is the acceptance rate of ECPI University?
The acceptance rate of ECPI University is 80%, which is higher than the state average of 71%.
What is ECPI University's ranking?
ECPI University ranks among the top 20% of community college in Virginia for: Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.