- ECPI University is a Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, and Texas on-campus and online private college providing technology, engineering, business, health sciences, and culinary degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services and IT certification training.
ECPI University places among the top 20% of community colleges in Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 998 teachers has grown by 100% over five years.
|ECPI University||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||998 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,947 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||860 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||12,704 students||615 students|
|# Graduate Students||243 students||91 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ECPI programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs offered at Virginia Beach Campus include Biomedical Equipment Technology, Information Systems, Computer Electronics Engineering Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, IT/Computer Programming, IT/Web Design, Wireless Communications, Simulation & Game Programming, Accounting Administration, Business Systems Administration and Criminal Justice Technology. ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate's, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diplomas.
Profile last updated:
- College Location Mi. Students
- 717 students | 0.20 Mi5700 Southern Blvd Ste 100
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- 315 students | 0.60 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502
- 586 students | 2.50 Mi301 Centre Pointe Dr
Virginia Beach,  VA  23462
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi2428 Almeda Ave Ste 316
Norfolk,  VA  23513
- 671 students | 4.60 Mi825 Greenbrier Circle Suite 100
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.