Tidewater Community College
- Tidewater Community College (TCC) is the second largest of the 23 community colleges in the Commonwealth of Virginia, enrolling more than 35,000 students annually. It is the 37th largest community college in the nation's 1,600-school network, and among the 50 fastest growing large community colleges. Founded in 1968 as a part of the Virginia Community College System, the college serves the South Hampton Roads region with campuses in Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Virginia Beach, a regional Visual Arts Center in Olde Towne, Portsmouth, the TCC Jeanne and George Roper Performing Arts Center in the downtown Norfolk theater district, and a regional Advanced Technology Center on its Virginia Beach Campus. Forty-four percent of the region's residents who attended a college or university in Virginia last fall were enrolled at TCC.
- The teacher population of 750 teachers has grown by 16% over five years.
|Tidewater Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||750 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||27,646 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,491 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||17,155 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,400||$29,600|
- Tidewater Community College, founded in 1968, is one of twenty-three two-year colleges that make up the Virginia Community College System (VCCS). Tidewater Community College has grown from a single location to four campuses (Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach), an Advanced Technology Center, and a Visual Arts Center in Portsmouth. TCC also offers classes at local Military Bases and local area schools. Tidewater Community College is a comprehensive institution of higher education offering programs of instruction generally extending no longer than two years beyond the high school level. The college offers career and technical education programs, transfer programs, developmental courses, continuing education programs, workforce development programs and distance learning programs. Tidewater Community College offers a variety of classes through distance delivery, including telecourses, teleconference classes, and web-based online classes. Students are able to select from a wide range of courses. Taught by TCC faculty, these classes are of comparable academic quality and transfer exactly like their classroom counterparts. Tidewater Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Tidewater Community College is Johnson & Wales University-Norfolk (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 4.70 Mi2428 Almeda Ave Ste 316
Norfolk,  VA  23513
- 236 students | 5.10 Mi2211 S Military Hwy
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
- 226 students | 5.20 Mi7020 North Military Highway
Norfolk,  VA  23518
- 671 students | 5.30 Mi825 Greenbrier Circle Suite 100
Chesapeake,  VA  23320
- 315 students | 5.60 Mi6300 Center Dr Bldg 22
Norfolk,  VA  23502