ITT Technical Institute-Huntington (Closed 2016)
- The ITT Technical Institute is an institution of higher learning that is committed to offering quality undergraduate and continuing education locally, nationally and worldwide to students of diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities. The programs employ traditional, applied and adult-learning pedagogies and are delivered through traditional, accelerated and distance methodologies in a learner-centered environment of mutual respect. The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states. The ITT Technical Institutes predominantly offer career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students. The ITT Technical Institutes have been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Huntington||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||1,060 students|
|# Full-Time Students||182 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||35 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$25,000|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Huntington is Huntington Junior College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 2,026 students | 1.60 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 6.60 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 11.10 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 13.50 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.