ITT Technical Institute-Huntington (Closed 2016)
- The ITT Technical Institute is an institution of higher learning that is committed to offering quality undergraduate and continuing education locally, nationally and worldwide to students of diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities. The programs employ traditional, applied and adult-learning pedagogies and are delivered through traditional, accelerated and distance methodologies in a learner-centered environment of mutual respect. The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states. The ITT Technical Institutes predominantly offer career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students. The ITT Technical Institutes have been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Huntington||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||1,060 students|
|# Full-Time Students||182 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||35 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$25,000|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Huntington is Mountwest Community and Technical College (4.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,026 students | 4.70 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 648 students | 5.50 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 12.90 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 17.20 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 19.20 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.