ITT Technical Institute-Huntington (Closed 2016)
- The ITT Technical Institute is an institution of higher learning that is committed to offering quality undergraduate and continuing education locally, nationally and worldwide to students of diverse backgrounds, interests and abilities. The programs employ traditional, applied and adult-learning pedagogies and are delivered through traditional, accelerated and distance methodologies in a learner-centered environment of mutual respect. The ITT Technical Institutes are a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. There are over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states. The ITT Technical Institutes predominantly offer career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students. The ITT Technical Institutes have been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Huntington||(WV) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||49 staff|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||1,060 students|
|# Full-Time Students||182 students||435 students|
|# Part-Time Students||35 students||625 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$25,000|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Huntington is Huntington Junior College (0.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 648 students | 0.80 Mi900 Fifth Ave
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 2,026 students | 1.60 MiOne Mountwest Way
Huntington,  WV  25701
- 59 students | 6.60 Mi506 Margaret St
South Point,  OH  45680
- 3,345 students | 11.10 Mi1400 College Drive
Ashland,  KY  41101
- 2,018 students | 13.50 Mi1804 Liberty Ave
Ironton,  OH  45638
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.