Iowa Western Community College
- Iowa Western Community College is a learning community committed to excellence in meeting the educational needs and improving the quality of life through programs, partnerships and community involvement.
- Enrollment: 5,791 students
- In-state tuition: $4,560
- Out-state tuition: $4,710
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 26%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Band, Choir, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Clarinda Junior College, which was established in 1923 and had a long history of providing a two-year liberal arts education in Southwest Iowa, was selected to serve as one campus, and a new campus was located in Council Bluffs. The College expanded into other parts of the district with the establishment of centers in Atlantic (Cass County Center), Harlan (Shelby County Center), and Shenandoah (Page/Fremont County Center). On January 23, 1967, two vocational-technical programs were started using facilities in Council Bluffs. A major development was the addition of a liberal arts curriculum at the Council Bluffs Campus in the fall of 1968. Currently the College offers 84 different vocational/technical programs and Arts and Sciences/Transfer majors. Fall 2003 enrollment was 4,205 students. In addition, there are over 42,795 enrollments in continuing education classes each year. Iowa Western has been a vital part of the development of southwest Iowa for the past 32 years. From providing students with the necessary resources to start on a bachelor's degree; offering services to employers to increase economic development; providing continuing education courses; and offering numerous two-year degrees in technical areas, Iowa Western continues to set the standard for colleges throughout the area.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Iowa Western Community College cost?
Iowa Western Community College's tuition is approximately $4,560 for In-State students and $4,710 for Out-State students.
What sports does Iowa Western Community College offer?
Iowa Western Community College offers 11 interscholastic sports: Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Iowa Western Community College's ranking?
Iowa Western Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Iowa for: Largest student body.