Interboro Institute (Closed 2007)
- Interboro Institute is committed to providing an entry-level career-based college education for individuals who possess the desire, motivation, and potential to succeed. An Interboro Institute education enhances graduates’ abilities to contribute to the worlds of work, family, and community.
|Interboro Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||2,827 students||1,701 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Interboro Institute is a two-year degree-granting institution based in New York City with more than 100 years of experience preparing students for great careers in many different fields such as Computer Technology, Security Services and Management, Business Management, Ophthalmic Dispensing and much more. Interboro Institute has significantly changed over its 100 year history. In the past several years and in response to community needs for additional educational opportunities, the college has expanded from its original location in midtown Manhattan to instructional locations in Flushing, Washington Heights, and Yonkers. Students have the opportunity to be involved in professional and social organizations, while completing a degree at Interboro Institute. Activities, guest speakers, and programs are designed to address the concerns and interests of the student population. Interboro students participate in many events highlighted by Orientation, Class Night, and Graduation ceremonies. Guest speakers host workshops, and discussions on student-related issues. The college supports student-initiated clubs, organizations, and social activities in coordination with the Office of Student Activities. Interboro Institute is accredited by the New York Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education and is authorized to confer Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees. The Ophthalmic Dispensing Program is accredited by the Commission on Opticianry Accreditation. The Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.
- The nearest community college to Interboro Institute is American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 454 students | 0.30 Mi619 West 54th Street - 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10019
(212) 757-1190 0.30454
- 707 students | 0.40 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
(212) 247-3434 0.40707
- 490 students | 1.00 Mi500 7th Ave
New York,  NY  10018
(212) 349-4330 1.00490
- 4,525 students | 1.10 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
(212) 986-4343 1.104,525
- 411 students | 1.20 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
(212) 686-9040 1.20411
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.