Interboro Institute (Closed 2007)
- Interboro Institute is committed to providing an entry-level career-based college education for individuals who possess the desire, motivation, and potential to succeed. An Interboro Institute education enhances graduates’ abilities to contribute to the worlds of work, family, and community.
|Interboro Institute||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||2,827 students||1,701 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Interboro Institute is a two-year degree-granting institution based in New York City with more than 100 years of experience preparing students for great careers in many different fields such as Computer Technology, Security Services and Management, Business Management, Ophthalmic Dispensing and much more. Interboro Institute has significantly changed over its 100 year history. In the past several years and in response to community needs for additional educational opportunities, the college has expanded from its original location in midtown Manhattan to instructional locations in Flushing, Washington Heights, and Yonkers. Students have the opportunity to be involved in professional and social organizations, while completing a degree at Interboro Institute. Activities, guest speakers, and programs are designed to address the concerns and interests of the student population. Interboro students participate in many events highlighted by Orientation, Class Night, and Graduation ceremonies. Guest speakers host workshops, and discussions on student-related issues. The college supports student-initiated clubs, organizations, and social activities in coordination with the Office of Student Activities. Interboro Institute is accredited by the New York Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Education and is authorized to confer Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) and Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) degrees. The Ophthalmic Dispensing Program is accredited by the Commission on Opticianry Accreditation. The Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.
- The nearest community college to Interboro Institute is American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 449 students | 0.30 Mi619 West 54th Street - 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10019
- 707 students | 0.40 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
- 4,525 students | 1.10 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 1.20 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 9,764 students | 1.50 Mi227 W 27th St
New York,  NY  10001
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.