Hibbing Community College
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hibbing Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,302 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||768 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||534 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- HCC has been providing quality higher education since 1918. Although much has changed over the years, a quality education and a concern for student success remains at the heart of what we do. HCC is noted for its high-quality transfer and technical education, and excellent facilities, faculty, staff, and support systems. Innovative programs, partnerships with business and industry, alliances with community members and other educational institutions combined with a high-energy, on-campus environment have poised our college for the future. Hibbing Community College encourages students to use their talents and interests outside the classroom as well as in class. College activities are an important part of student development, creating a well-balanced program of involvement and learning. Hibbing Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Hibbing Community College is Mesabi Range College (18.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 29.50 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 5,101 students | 57.10 Mi2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN  55811
- 712 students | 60.50 Mi1900 East Camp Street
Ely,  MN  55731
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.