- Hibbing Community College, a technical & community college, provides excellence in lifelong educational and career opportunities in a responsive learning environment.
Hibbing Community College serves 913 students (52% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 31%.
- Enrollment: 913 students
- In-state tuition: $5,309
- Out-state tuition: $6,491
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 99 teachers has grown by 76% over five years.
Hibbing Community College
(MN) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Hibbing Community College has declined by 24% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The Hibbing Community College diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.50. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,309 is less than the state average of $6,223. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,491 is less than the state average of $6,839. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- HCC has been providing quality higher education since 1918. Although much has changed over the years, a quality education and a concern for student success remains at the heart of what we do. HCC is noted for its high-quality transfer and technical education, and excellent facilities, faculty, staff, and support systems. Innovative programs, partnerships with business and industry, alliances with community members and other educational institutions combined with a high-energy, on-campus environment have poised our college for the future. Hibbing Community College encourages students to use their talents and interests outside the classroom as well as in class. College activities are an important part of student development, creating a well-balanced program of involvement and learning. Hibbing Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hibbing Community College cost?
Hibbing Community College's tuition is approximately $5,309 for In-State students and $6,491 for Out-State students.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.
Careers: Culinary Training
Learn about highly acclaimed culinary programs at community colleges.