Hibbing Community College
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has declined by 51% over five years.
|Hibbing Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,302 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||768 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||534 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- HCC has been providing quality higher education since 1918. Although much has changed over the years, a quality education and a concern for student success remains at the heart of what we do. HCC is noted for its high-quality transfer and technical education, and excellent facilities, faculty, staff, and support systems. Innovative programs, partnerships with business and industry, alliances with community members and other educational institutions combined with a high-energy, on-campus environment have poised our college for the future. Hibbing Community College encourages students to use their talents and interests outside the classroom as well as in class. College activities are an important part of student development, creating a well-balanced program of involvement and learning. Hibbing Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Hibbing Community College is Mesabi Range College (18.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 29.50 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 5,101 students | 57.10 Mi2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN  55811
- 143 students | 59.20 Mi4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN  55807
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.