Hibbing Community College
- The teacher population of 56 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hibbing Community College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||56 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,302 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||768 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||534 students||534 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||124|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,200||$35,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- HCC has been providing quality higher education since 1918. Although much has changed over the years, a quality education and a concern for student success remains at the heart of what we do. HCC is noted for its high-quality transfer and technical education, and excellent facilities, faculty, staff, and support systems. Innovative programs, partnerships with business and industry, alliances with community members and other educational institutions combined with a high-energy, on-campus environment have poised our college for the future. Hibbing Community College encourages students to use their talents and interests outside the classroom as well as in class. College activities are an important part of student development, creating a well-balanced program of involvement and learning. Hibbing Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Hibbing Community College is Mesabi Range College (18.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1001 Chestnut St W
Virginia,  MN  55792
- 1,373 students | 18.80 Mi1100 Industrial Park Drive
Eveleth,  MN  55734
- 1,222 students | 29.50 Mi1851 Hwy 169 East
Grand Rapids,  MN  55744
- 5,101 students | 57.10 Mi2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth,  MN  55811
- 143 students | 59.20 Mi4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN  55807
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.