Herzing University New Orleans
- Herzing University New Orleans first opened its doors in 1996 as a branch of Herzing University’s Atlanta campus. In 2000, the university moved to its current location to accommodate the need for a college in New Orleans with its program offerings.Herzing University New Orleans offers degrees and diplomas in Technology, Paralegal, and Business Administration, producing graduates with high quality and in-demand careers. In fact, the Paralegal program at Herzing University New Orleans is one of the few programs in Louisiana by the American Bar Association. With small class sizes and hands on instruction, Herzing’s students receive a highly valuable and convenient education.
|Herzing University New Orleans||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||361 students||1,493 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University was founded in 1965, and is still operated by the founding family. Renee Herzing, daughter of founder Henry Herzing, acts as the University president, and continues to carry out the university mission of providing a career focused, convenient, and caring education to its students.Herzing University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org, 800-621-7440).
- The nearest community college to Herzing University New Orleans is Louisiana Technical College-Jefferson Campus (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 289 students | 3.60 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
- 892 students | 4.10 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 18,684 students | 8.20 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
- n/a students | 12.30 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
- 120 students | 13.00 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.