Herzing University New Orleans
Tel: (504) 613-4295
- Herzing University New Orleans first opened its doors in 1996 as a branch of Herzing Universityï¿½s Atlanta campus. In 2000, the university moved to its current location to accommodate the need for a college in New Orleans with its program offerings. Herzing University New Orleans offers degrees and diplomas in Technology, Paralegal, and Business Administration, producing graduates with high quality and in-demand careers. In fact, the Paralegal program at Herzing University New Orleans is one of the few programs in Louisiana by the American Bar Association. With small class sizes and hands on instruction, Herzingï¿½s students receive a highly valuable and convenient education.
|Herzing University New Orleans||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Herzing University was founded in 1965, and is still operated by the founding family. Renee Herzing, daughter of founder Henry Herzing, acts as the University president, and continues to carry out the university mission of providing a career focused, convenient, and caring education to its students. Herzing University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois, 60614-1413, www.hlcommission.org, (800) 621-7400
The nearest community college to Herzing University New Orleans is Herzing University-Kenner (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 381 students | 0.00 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
(504) 733-0074 0.00381
- 289 students | 3.60 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
(504) 671-6700 3.60289
- 892 students | 4.10 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
(504) 456-3141 4.10892
- 18,684 students | 8.30 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 8.3018,684
- n/a students | 12.40 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
(504) 736-7072 12.40n/a
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!