Hennepin Technical College
Hennepin Technical College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Minnesota for:
- The teacher population of 235 teachers has grown by 45% over five years.
|Hennepin Technical College||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||56 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,409 students||1,302 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,406 students||768 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,407 students||534 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$35,400|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anime Club, Audio Club, Dental Assistant, Fluid Power Club, HTC IOPP Student Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Student Ambassadors, Student Nurses Who Care, Student Senate, Veterans Clu
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The main goal of Hennepin Technical College (HTC) is to provide educational opportunities for employment for people of all ages and from all walks of life. Campuses located in the suburban communities of Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie provide students with over 150 awards to choose from. Students can attend college part-time or full-time. Courses are offered in many career majors during the day, as well as, during the evenings, and on weekends. Workforce education division offers training for business and industry throughout the metro area. Students who attend HTC come with varied backgrounds and average age is 29. Some have no prior job or college experience, some have attended other schools, some are training for a new career, and others are upgrading their skills for career advancement. All students have one thing in common-they are receiving an education that will help them become more employable. Hennepin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- The nearest community college to Hennepin Technical College is North Hennepin Community College (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,384 students | 1.20 Mi7411 85th Ave N
Minneapolis,  MN  55445
- 328 students | 3.20 Mi435 Ford Road St. Louis Park
Minnesota,  MN  55426
- 375 students | 3.20 Mi 435 Ford Road
Minneapolis,  MN  55426
- 7,877 students | 5.90 Mi11200 Mississippi Blvd. NW
Minneapolis,  MN  55433
- 2,165 students | 8.30 Mi1355 Highway 10 West
Anoka,  MN  55303
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.