Harford Community College
- Harford Community College (HCC) provides high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services -- including university transfer, career, developmental and continuing education programs -- that promote professional competence, economic development, and improve the quality of the life in a multicultural community. The College supports the Maryland State Plan for Higher Education and is committed to expanding undergraduate degree opportunities to fulfill state workforce shortages in areas of teacher preparation, health care, and technology, and to advance degree attainment for minorities particularly in relation to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act [of 1964]. The College expects to increase educational attainment for individuals as well as to prepare and to sustain an educated workforce for area residents, develop technology for program and service delivery, be accountable for the efficient and effective use of resources, be the primary resource for and coordinator of higher education in the community, and serve as the center for recreation, wellness and the cultural arts.
|Harford Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||561 staff||378 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
- Harford Community College was founded in 1957. The campus occupies 332 acres near Bel Air, Maryland, and has 21 buildings totaling over 273,000 assignable square feet. Harford Community College (HCC) provides high quality, accessible and affordable educational opportunities and services -- including university transfer, career, developmental and continuing education programs -- that promote professional competence, economic development, and improve the quality of the life in a multicultural community. HCC will be recognized as an exemplary learning and teaching community that fosters service and promotes success for students in undergraduate, lower-division education. The College will be a valued resource and leader in academic quality, cultural enrichment, and economic development characterized by continuous improvement, innovation, and community development. To fulfill the mission and vision, HCC is strongly committed to diversity, integrity, academic excellence, and achievement of individual and institutional goals. The College administration, faculty and staff are dedicated to building trust, respect and confidence among our colleagues, students and community members. Harford Community College is engaged in international and globalization initiatives designed to appreciate the world economic and social order and address attitudes and beliefs through contact with individuals of different cultures and backgrounds. International relationships foster cultural sensitivity, appreciation of different values and systems, attitudes and behavior, and provide insight into global interconnectedness that are essential to life and work success. Harford Community College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Associate of Sciences Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. The Histotechnology Program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences. The Paralegal Studies Program is approved by the American Bar Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 17,732 students | 17.80 Mi7201 Rossville Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21237
(443) 840-2222 17.8017,732
- 2,377 students | 18.60 MiOne Seahawk Drive
North East, MD 21901
(410) 287-1000 18.602,377
- 501 students | 25.60 Mi17 Commerce Street- Commerce Exchange
Baltimore, MD 21202
(800) 624-9926 25.60501
- 4,909 students | 26.10 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215
(410) 462-8300 26.104,909
- 1,347 students | 32.80 Mi750 E King St
Lancaster, PA 17602
(717) 299-7731 32.801,347