Howard Community College
- Howard Community College creates an environment that inspires learning and the lifelong pursuit of personal and professional goals. The college provides open access and innovative learning systems to respond to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. As a vital partner, HCC is a major force in the intellectual, cultural and economic life of its community.
Howard Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 446 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Howard Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||446 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,920 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,729 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,191 students||3,341 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,800||$37,700|
- Situated beside a lake on a 120-acre wooded campus, Howard Community College (HCC) offers a wide range of academic pursuits and extracurricular activities for students of all ages and walks of life. About 5,000 students pursue studies at HCC in a variety of academic programs leading to transfer to four-year colleges or immediate employment upon graduation. An additional 12,000 students take courses for personal or professional development. Conveniently located in the heart of Howard County, the HCC campus features a Science and Technology Building, home to lasers, robots, computers, satellite links, and other tools for hightech learning. The Galleria, a spacious twostory windowed atrium adjacent to the building, provides a pleasing space for quiet study, informal gatherings, or special events. The physical education complex features an Olympic-sized pool, large gymnasium and weight room. Nine acres of athletic fields support archery, tennis, hardball, softball, soccer and track. Other facilities include the Library with more than 40,000 volumes of reference materials, the Nursing Building, and the Administration Building which contains offices, learning labs, and studios for painting, music, photography and sculpture. The Alfred J. Smith, Jr., Theatre for the performing arts provides the setting for an outstanding cultural arts program. The Theatre Outback is a "black box" performance space for experimental theatre and student productions. Howard Community College is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and by the Maryland State Department of Education to offer programs of learning and to award the associate in arts degree and certificate of proficiency.
- The nearest community college to Howard Community College is Lincoln College of Technology-Columbia (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 647 students | 3.60 Mi9325 Snowden River Pky
Columbia,  MD  21046
- 388 students | 11.70 Mi4600 Powder Mill Rd
Beltsville,  MD  20705
- 582 students | 11.90 Mi1520 South Caton Ave
Halethorpe,  MD  21227
- 5,024 students | 13.70 Mi2901 Liberty Heights Avenue
Baltimore,  MD  21215
- 501 students | 15.20 Mi17 Commerce Street- Commerce Exchange
Baltimore,  MD  21202