- Cecil College is a comprehensive, open admission, learner-centered institution providing career, transfer and continuing education coursework and programs.
- Enrollment: 2,090 students
- In-state tuition: $4,459
- Out-state tuition: $6,500
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 20%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Active Minds, Allies, Alpha Alpha Theta, Amazing Grace, Art Club, Cecil Math League, Geekdom, Horticulture Club, Multicultural Student Union, Photography Club, Student Leadership Council, Student Nurses Association, Student Veterans Organization
Arts and Music Programs:
Holiday and Cultural Celebrations, Milburn Stone Theatre, Themed Movie Nights
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness & Wellness Center, Ski Trip
- Cecil Community College was founded in 1968 to meet the postsecondary needs and continuing education needs of the residents of Cecil County. In its thirty-five year history, the College has experienced tremendous growth in its enrollment, its facilities and its services to the community. The College has a diverse student population including traditional students who come to the College directly from high school, returning adults, and senior citizens. Evidence of the quality of education can be seen in the ability of graduates to transfer successfully to four-year colleges and universities as well as to secure new jobs and receive promotions in their current employment. The College meets the educational goals of our students through a variety of Associate degrees, certificate programs and non-credit course offerings and certifications. Cecil also offers courses for licensure, job preparation, and training for the community and industry. Cecil Community College is committed to providing comprehensive programs of study to help prepare county students for an enriched and productive participation in society. Our cultural and educational programs respond to evolving community needs and economic development. Through its open admissions policy, the College provides learning opportunities for all adults with the desire and ability to benefit from our courses and programs regardless of age, gender, race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, handicap, or socioeconomic status. Cecil Community College, which was founded in 1968, is located in North East, Md. It is governed by a Board of Trustees that is appointed by the governor. The College is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Maryland Higher Education Commission. Cecil also has articulation agreements with more than 30 universities and colleges, both in Maryland and outside the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cecil College cost?
Cecil College's tuition is approximately $4,459 for In-State students and $6,500 for Out-State students.
What sports does Cecil College offer?
Cecil College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Cecil College's ranking?
Cecil College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Maryland for: Least expensive tuition.