Baltimore City Community College
- BALTIMORE CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE (BCCC) provides outstanding educational, cultural, and social experiences to the citizens of Baltimore, the state of Maryland, and surrounding areas. The College's accessible, affordable, comprehensive programs include college transfer and career preparation, technical training, and life skills training.
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baltimore City Community College||(MD) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||164 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,024 students||4,515 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,683 students||1,174 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,341 students||3,341 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$37,700|
- BCCC is both an old and a young institution. The College dates its origins to Baltimore Junior College, founded as part of the Baltimore City Public Schools in 1947 to provide post-high school education for returning World War II veterans. In 1967, the College was renamed Community College of Baltimore and restructured as a department of the City of Baltimore. In the 1980s City and State leaders recognized that shrinking City resources made it difficult for the City to operate a quality institution of higher education. On July 1, 1990, the Maryland General Assembly created a new institution, New Community College of Baltimore, funded by the State of Maryland. The College was granted permanent status in 1992 and renamed Baltimore City Community College. Academics at BCCC comprises a variety of student-centered learning options that meet the diverse needs of the community. Your academic and career success is a primary objective of everyone here. BCCC offers 30 Associate degree and 27 Certificate programs in technology, business, engineering, health care, hospitality, teacher education and other fields, enabling you to transfer to a four-year college or university, or get retraining at work. With three campuses and over 80 satellite locations across the city conveniently situated to serve you, in addition to our recognized distance learning program, BCCC is your place for education -- when and where you need it. The Liberty Campus in Northwest Baltimore, the Harbor Campus in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Reisterstown Plaza Center, and more than 80 off-campus learning sites at churches, community centers, schools, and businesses. As an open admissions institution and the only community college in Baltimore City, BCCC enrolls more city residents as undergraduates than any other college or university in the state. The institution is also the city's largest provider of developmental, literacy, and adult basic education services, with the goal of preparing incoming students to succeed at the college level. In recent academic years, the majority of students entering BCCC has needed at least some developmental courses. The College provides a variety of student services that meet the learning needs and support for an increasingly diverse student population. BCCC, a dynamic higher education institution, is responsive to the changing needs of its stakeholders: individuals, businesses, government, and educational institutions of the community at large.
- The nearest community college to Baltimore City Community College is Baltimore International College (3.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 501 students | 3.50 Mi17 Commerce Street- Commerce Exchange
Baltimore,  MD  21202
(800) 624-9926 3.50501
- 582 students | 4.10 Mi1520 South Caton Ave
Halethorpe,  MD  21227
(410) 644-6400 4.10582
- 318 students | 7.40 Mi803 Glen Eagles Ct
Towson,  MD  21286
(410) 296-5350 7.40318
- 22,887 students | 9.80 Mi7201 Rossville Blvd.
Rosedale,  MD  21237
(443) 840-2222 9.8022,887
- 9,920 students | 13.70 Mi10901 Little Patuxent Pkwy
Columbia,  MD  21044
(443) 518-1000 13.709,920