Tel: (651) 332-8000
- Minnesota School of Business and Globe College have been providing specialized career training programs for more than 125 years. We have grown to be one of the most recognized and highly respected providers of private business, medical, and computer education in the Upper Midwest. Through our employer approved curriculum and hands-on training you can acquire the skills and education necessary to become successful in your chosen career.
The teacher population of 48 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Globe University-Woodbury||(MN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- We offer flexible class scheduling to accommodate academic and individual needs. Classes are offered both day and evening for full-time and part-time students. Many classes are also offered online, providing students with an opportunity to participate in distance education. This mode of delivery enables students to learn from the location of their choice and accommodates a schedule that is convenient for them. Training is provided by instructors with practical business, computer and medical knowledge and professional on the job experience. Globe College was founded in 1885 by Frank A. Maron. Mr. Maron was born and educated in Germany. Being an accomplished scholar, he received a thorough classical education in his native country. He realized a great need for a full and practical education for young men and women. He made this type of education available by establishing Globe College. From its inception, the college has always stressed the teaching of business as it is practiced in actual positions, with business firms. Through an abundance of individual help, the school combines theory with practice to produce a very outstanding graduate for the world of business. The school was purchased by Helmer Myhre and Terry Myhre in October, 1972, with each holding 50% ownership in the corporation. Minnesota School of Business/Globe College programs emphasize hands-on training, are relevant to employers' needs, and focus on areas that offer strong long-term employment opportunities. Minnesota School of Business/Globe College has seven campus locations which are conveniently located, and are accessible from major freeways, parking, and bus routes. The college campuses are located at Brooklyn Center, Oakdale - Globe, Plymouth, Richfield, Rochester, Shakopee and St. Cloud. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award diplomas, Associate in Applied Science degrees, and Bachelor of Science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,891 students | 7.50 Mi3300 Century Ave N
White Bear Lake,  MN  55110
(651) 770-3200 7.508,891
- 518 students | 7.60 Mi19 Exchange Street East
Saint Paul,  MN  55101
(651) 291-0177 7.60518
- 6,912 students | 8.20 Mi235 Marshall Ave
Saint Paul,  MN  55102
(651) 846-1600 8.206,912
- 4,264 students | 9.70 Mi2500 80th St E
Inver Grove Heights,  MN  55076
(651) 450-3000 9.704,264
- 135 students | 11.50 Mi1711 W County Rd B
Roseville,  MN  55113
(651) 636-7406 11.50135
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.